Why do indian people not know how to hit on women?

everytime i see an indian guy hitting on a girl he just seems creepy why is that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know how accurate this is or not but someone (who is Indian) told me that Indian guys are shamed a lot for expressing themselves sexually to women in their culture. If they don't approach women right or do the wrong things then women will refuse to date them or call them perverts etc.

So I imagine it's all held in and then when they see women from places like the United States, who post selfies in bras and attention whore it up on social media, they probably get the impression that American women want what they want. So to them it's not really creepy to say those things to women.

And then they hit on American women and the girl with the duck face and bra top is like- "omg Indian guys are so gross, they don't know how to talk to women".

So yeah, I think it's a difference of culture obviously. I think they don't understand boundaries very well because of it.

• lol huh? @ the 1st statement. i think wut the person was trying to say is in india many many many street guys whistle at girls and women, so women growing up kinde have this instant reaction to being hit on if it resembles a perverted way. and being pretty sexually repressed society, if a girl receives the sensuous attempts well, she'd prolly be labeled a slut. i guess it makes decent indian guys not have as much experience approachin girls cuz their wary of this.

• @MyUsernameRules indian chicks aren't even hot tho

• True, most of them aren't hot but the rest are totally hot

Most Helpful Guy

• Their social standards are really really different from in the west.

On the other hand their English is good enough that they can be on sites like this. Most places out of western Europe or English speaking countries, that's not the case.

To them western girls are so forthright that it must seems like anything goes, which it doesn't. But the 'rules' here are invisible to them.

It would be like if you went to an orgy, and then you touched some girls breast, and everyone stopped and yelled at you 'you don't touch girls on the LEFT breast what's wrong with you!!!'

• makes sense, but why can't i touch her on the left one?

• My point was just that's what it seems like to them, like you can come on here and be like 'which girls like anal sex and then sucking on the dick after, and oh, do you worry about e-coli' and that's all fine and normal, and people are flirting like crazy, and then you make some comment that to you seems mild, and people are like 'that's creepy'

I'm not aware of any left breast rule, which is why if i went to an orgy and then suddenly found i'd broken it, i'd be confused. that's how they are with the 'creepy' stuff.

• i seee thanks

What Girls Said 6

• That's not true... If the Indian person make or female is a, ericanized long enough or is born here and is American they're very sociable, flirty, and just like everyone else.

But I mean yeah when you're born here it's what you know vs. having to adopt to a new way of life.

• It seems that their culture is very different than western culture, which leads to the fact that their social norms are seen as creepy compared to western social norms.

• i was driving by a strip club once and there was a group of indian guys walking into it and they were counting quarters. lmao i laughed so hard at the image of them getting kicked out for hurting the dancers

• Dude, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time... instead of "make it rain" i'm imagining some bhangra song that's like "Make it hail"

• @redeyemindtricks hahahhaahha XD

• lol, as sad and horrible as this may sound it's because they are ugly AF!
    "Staring is only creepy if you are ugly".
    Truth is a bitter pill to swallow.
    Plus, indian women are so stuck up and uptight and ego tripping they would never just have sex with a man like that, leaving all those ugly men forever trippy, horny and creepy... They're just weird and creepy as hell.. Ew...
    Not all ofc, but we are talking about the creepy type/kind. They win at being that. I don't like indians.

• www.worldstarhiphop.com/.../video.php

I don't want to stereotype but I have seen this and experienced this A LOT especially at the club.

• I think their social standards are just different. I've seen some Indian American and Indian Canadian guys do quite well, and aren't awkward or creepy at all.

• im Canadian lol

• Talking to and being attracted to is different. Chances of a brown or a dark skinned Indian guy who isn't tall, rich, or buff with girls is as good as winning a million dollar lottery. There will be exceptions but the exceptions are very rare.

• @MyUsernameRules I thought he was cute, actually. But I wasn't looking to date at the time. If he lived close to me, I would have asked him out. I've dated a chubby, short, not well off - so I paid for almost everything- Chinese guy before... he was hilarious and treated me well, which made me like him a lot. Longest relationship I've ever been in.

I guess I don't care about certain things like others do.

• In their country, they believe they are entitled to women.
    They don't understand that here, things are very different.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes because I'm sure you've seen every Indian guy flirting out there to generalize the entirety of Indian men.
    cdn.quotesgram.com/.../2050969508-attachment.jpg
    Hint: Say 'most'. But to that end, I agree, most Indian men are clueless when it comes to flirting.

• Indian guys aren't considered attractive by girls so that's a factor. If you're not considered attractive, you're highly likely to be bad at hitting on women due to lack of women being responsive. Other guys tend to pick up and learn since women are responsive to them.

• It's not their fault. It's a side effect from lifelong ingestion of curry and public defecation.

• They were brought up in a completely different culture with completely different attitudes. I don't know what exactly has to happen for the stereotype of Indians being creeps to come out the way it has. So much is going on there.

• No idea, maybe they are shy in general?

• Why learn to flirt when it's an arranged marriage baha

• I wonder if india's long history of arranged marriages has led to cultural issues with going after women directly. (I'm not saying this is the case)

• Because there's a lot of ethnic bias against South Asian men in my country. Racism is sky high here.

• Flirting isn't taught in AP Chem.