How old should photos be on dating sites?

Less than 3 years old?

Most Helpful Guy

• Less than 3 years? Fuck sake, try 3 weeks.

It's not good advertising 2013 you I've you've gained 50lbs and developed horrendous skin conditions or some shit. That's false advertisement.

I truly believe if your gonna put a picture up it needs to be recent as fuck and with no makeup / editing, anything else and your falsely advertising yourself.

• I agree

• Nothing wrong with makeup...

• @Wellydog1 , yes there is, as a girl it's natural for you to think that though.

You see, if you go on a girls profile, 99% of the time she will be in makeup, and that covers all her flaws and potential skin conditions, making her look far better then you would eventually realise she is.

Whereas with a dude what you see is what you get.

If a girl wears makeup in daily life just to feel comfortable with a skin insecurity or some shit then that's okay.

But if she is actually physically advertising herself for dating by essentially showing that she is better then she really is, it's wrong, makeup is false advertisement when used to attract.

Can you imagine the feeling you'd get if you saw a guys picture, gone to met him only to find out he photoshopped himself better than reality?

The principle is exactly the same for makeup.

But Ofcourse like I said, as a girl i wouldn't expect you to understand that concept.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say a year old is the oldest.
    I once met a guy who literally put a photo up of him like 3 stone lighter, it must have been about two/ three years old. I'm glad he did put that photo up in a way; it grabbed my attention then I got to know him and ended up really liking him. it didn't end up well but yeah...

• I agree. I know a guy whose profile photo is 3 years old I think. It's rather misleading

What Guys Said 16

• If you are 21, a photo taken when you were 18 may be quite out of date. If you are 61 years old, a photo taken when you were 58 may still be an accurate depiction of you.

• I think it's less about the years and more about how much you resemble the picture.
    So new hair cut, got your braces off, lost/gained significant weight, change in hair color etc...
    If you still want a time frame on it, I'll just say within 6 months to a year.

• I think it's not advisable, people can change in 3 years even if they don't realize it.

• As recent as your Instagram/Facebook photos.

• to me if your putting a picture up on a dating site it should be under 6 months old

• Honestly? Less than 1 year. Any more time and it's called embellishing. You want to tell people about the person you are, not the person you were.

• Wow! All of my pics are more than a year old. I guess I need to start updatin'.

• Haha better start taking new photos 😀

• Yeah, I suppose. But I suppose I meant the pics are more than a year old - like 5 or 10 years old. But you're right. Hell, some people can change in 24 hours (if they have plastic surgery). Granted, I'm not one that would choose that. But others do.

• Yeah 5-10 years is a long time. Time for an update haha.

• I'd say within this year especially if you have lost weight, hair or are a different color now.

• Like latest ones, I met with a chick on tinder who looked like she gained 100 pounds when I met her out lol she said that pic was 6 months old. wtf

• How about you open your phone and take one and post it? THat hard?

• 3 years old? more like 1 month

• No 3 years is a big difference...3 months at most... photos there should be recent...

• as current as possible... especially if you've changed appearance.

• Less then 3 months

• I would say less than 2. And have someone within six months.

• As recent as possible. However as always it is subjective. If you haven't changed at all in the last 3 years it seems fair enough to use that.

The idea is to stay (reasonably at least) true to reality. So as a guy, my hair grew a bit thinner and I ended up cutting it all off. 3 years ago I had long wavy thick curly hair. Maybe not the most honest portrayal of my current looks.

What Girls Said 6

• Less than ONE year, dear.
    Good luck. xx

• I feel like majority should be recent, but 1 or 2 can be older. Always specify.

• I think within a year. Otherwise it feels like you could be lying about your looks. Especially if your a girl who changes there hair a lot. Like your picture can be you with long brown hair when you now have short blonde

• I would say within a year, at the very most.

• Recent as possible. Should always start dating with optimism and honesty.

• a year at the most I would think...