Guys, do you avoid going out with a woman you really like during time when you are not doing good financially?

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• Amateurs. That's when you break out the museum/park/beach/outdoor play/etc. plans. Men, get your shit together and learn to improvise. Do something novel.

• not all women are the same, not all women are interested in museum/park/beach/outdoor play/etc. some are interested in expensive things. that's just it.

• @lacorine197 If you're dating a chick that's all about money, you're dating a gold digger. If you're talking about a club slut, find a rave in an abandoned warehouse or in a field.

• lmfaoooo now thats funny

What Guys Said 22

• Yes. Of course.

Dating is expensive. Even if the girl pays 100% of her own expenses (almost unheard of in my experience, but it must happen somewhere), the guy is still going to incur a bunch of costs that simply wouldn't exist if he wasn't dating.

If you can't afford to date, then you shouldn't be dating, no matter how you feel about another person. It's really that simple, and most guys are practical enough to see it that way. It doesn't mean they wouldn't be dating if they could afford to, or that their feelings for her mean less - it's simply a wise financial decision.

Now, if I'm already dating someone, and then my financial situation changes, I have to evaluate the situation. If it's a short-term issue (i. e., I'm broke for the next couple of weeks), then I'd explain the situation to her and continue to talk to her, etc. If it's a long-term issue (i. e., I'm going to be broke for the rest of the year, and next year is looking pretty uncertain), then I'd end things with her, because I wouldn't be able to move the relationship forward, and that isn't fair to her.

• Yeah. But if she would be just as happy with having fun with me not having a lot of money as much as she would with me having a lot of money, then I suppose I'd hang out with her, maybe here at my place. I do have a Playstation, Monopoly and a dart board - not to mention a couple of computers and a TV along with a stove. So, we certainly could have a fun time.

• Not necessary I know tons of ways to have fun and date while not having to spend money. No one said you had to spend money to have a good time.

• with no money i would avoid going out the the person of my affections because i wouldn't want to be preconceived in a negative way on the first date because i was broke

• Will you still call and texts her during this time?

• it all depends on the stage of the relationship and how serious i was about her. if we were past the early stages and know, trust and care for her i would have all ready told her about my problem. then i would ask to do things with her that were free like going to the park , or an antique mall. but if we were in the early stages and just getting to know each other i would be embarrassed about it and avoid going out. but in the end i would tell her so she didn't think i didn't want to be with her. then i would suggest the thing i did earlier about doing things that are free. about still calling and texting if she didn't look down on be at this point then i would still call and text her. a relationship doesn't stop because your broke unless someone wants it to end

• Depends, if she was expecting me to foot every single bill and buy her tons of shit I can't afford then yes.

• No, why to do so?
    In my opinion, everyone has his own circumstances that make him either avoid or not going with the woman he likes. It is not something embarrassing for me, but it is embarrassing when people don't appreciate each others' circumstances.
    Everything in life is changeable. Just with good fresh mind and wise management you can get everything every single thing you want.

• Nah man, if you truly like her, just take her out for simple dates like icecream and a walk around the park 👌

• I would avoid it.

• Well women often feel like you owe it to them to pay for them so it'd make sense to just stay away from them.

• Guys like to treat their lady like a princess and if he hasn't got any money then he won't be asking you out.

If you really like him, and don't want to lose him, then suggest going for a walk somewhere. Yes, I know it's a bit crap but if you really like the guy, then this will help.

• I avoid women like the plague if I'm not doing well financially.

• Yeah, I ain't spending money I don't have.

• Well if you can't afford going out, then why would you go out?

• I probably would, it depends on a lot of things but I wouldn't avoid her completely. I would still talk to her.

• Reading from cmnts.. ur aren't hearing from ur guy?

• Hell yes. I would avoid every tid bit.

• Yeah I tend to

• Yeah because a woman won't give a guy a chance if he doesn't have a job. The only was it works I'm you're already with somebody and then something happens to your job, if you have someone supportive and is mature about the event, you'll be fine

• Yeah

• Yes because it's no secret money is very important to women. Usually the first question out of a woman's mouth is 'what do you do'? If your answer isn't something that pulls a great paycheque, you can actually see her face change to disappointment and that's the end of her attraction. Doesn't seem to matter what a great guy you are, or your intelligence, your looks, or how happy you could make her, you lose.
    A study was done where they had women rate the attractiveness of average guys with average jobs. Needless to say women rate them pretty low. (Actually lower than average if that makes sence). Then they had women rate the same guys but gave them better jobs and suddenly they were rated very high. Money makes you more attractive to women.

• That's not completely true... I ask guys what they do out of curiosity and see if we have something in common. I have dated broke, wealthy, in between I liked the guy best who just had a job so he felt fulfilled and we shared that in common with both being in sales.

• @rocyurworld a yes. The vast majority of women are not like you.

• I never ask what anyone does for a living and hate being asked. I've always considered it as a way to judge people based on what they make which I don't do.

• I personally wouldn't avoid it. I don't see the point.

• It depends really on my mood.

What Girls Said 1

• There are many ways to have and enjoy a date without much or any money.