Should I be worried if guy I'm dating said he killed a possum?

there's this guy I had recently met who seems nice but he was telling me how the other night he was trying to sleep and that there was a possum in his backyard making a lot of noise. I remember in the past he's told me that he hates possums. (Not phobic or anything). He said he got annoyed and killed it by burning it. And he said he lit it on fire cause he didn't know how else to get rid of it without touching it and getting rabbies.
He said, "I regretted it though"
I mean, he regrets it, so does that mean he does actually have empathy?

He seems like a pretty nice guy so I don't know if I should be worried. He might just not be sympathetic for animals? :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Just not sympathetic to animals... a lot of people (guys especially) aren't. People leave their dogs and cats outside in freezing temperatures or without food or water all the time. That's more cruelty to animals but just saying. A lot of people don't think of animals as important or have any respect for them which is really a shame.

Most Helpful Girl

• NEXT! To be burned alive is one of the most painful, horrific ways to die. If he could set a living animal on fire because it was making noise, he isn't worth a crap. I don't care if he is an animal lover or not, this is heinous.

That's to assume he really did it. If he didn't, he's lying about doing it which is also completely psychotic.

Do possums even make noise?

Anyway, this guy is a psychopath. Leave him be and move on.

What Guys Said 13

• What a crock. Possums don't make "a lot of noise." There are lots of 'em where I live, and of all the things they don't do is make a lot of noise. Also, what did this guy do? Did he tie the poor animal to a stake and burn it that way? Just how did he burn it to death? And if he did that that's pretty sick, and people who torture animals are usually capable of all kinds of other bad stuff.

• Did you want to help him eat it? They are pretty greasy. I tried it when I was growing up, and I don't really like them.

You should be more concerned that he didn't use a better tool. If he doesn't live in a city, he should have shot it. If he does, he should have used something like a baseball bat or an ax. Using fire is irresponsible because it could spread. He doesn't sound very smart.

• You may be a bit worried if you owned a possum as a pet.. maybe he just does not like them.. but really.. I think you should not worry about this too much.. or at all

• Leave him now.

• Killing it is nothing to worry about, its a est.
    But burning is definitely strange, could be a bit a of red flag.

• He said how he didn't know how else to kill it :( I guess he didn't feel okay with killing it with hands or with an object. Is it still something to worry about?

• Killed it by burning it? Wtf? He's definetley a sociopath or a phsycopath. Especially since he admitted to you which means he doesn't regret it

• animals are our friends

• That's crazy! killing it by burning it is just sick.

• I would be concerned. He had no natural reason to kill it, and a very inhumane way. The poor opossum most likley suffered.

• He fucking maniac call 911... he's bitch

• That's one of the biggest tell tale signs of a serial killer.

• Relax he didn't kill yer mom or something... it's fine...

• Just get a paint ball gun and freeze the paint balls then shoot the animals with that it won't kill them but it will cause them to run away

What Girls Said 6

• Holy Christ. I'd nope out. You don't kill an animal because it was noisy.

• That's a pretty big red flag to me. I would lose his number if I were you.

• Just don't make a lot of noise when he's trying to sleep.

• I wouldn't, my father still married my stepmother if though she killed chickens out of spite before

Best wishes

• You should beat the fuck out of your step mother for doing that

• Killing chicken out of spite? Who the hell does that? Beat the living crap out of her and claim that it was self defense. How old is she?

• @ShayanMortazavi1 I see your point, I was shocked too but this happened when she was very young. Her childhood wasn't the best, and the only way to take of her anger and take control of situation would be to kill the chickens, by throwing a rock to its head. She deeply regrets it.

• this society is showing lost of men who used to hunt, kill, go to war.

now, we sit in front of the PC and exceriser our two thumbs...

Nothing wrong with killing animals in any way... unless the guy does it on a reg. bases for fun or have some other strange behavior.

you can't judge a person by isolated activity... jut try to get to know him a bit more, watch how he treats others esp. elderly and little kids.
    best,

• No I go coon hunting with some guys