A question for the guys... would you ask out a girl who confessed she liked you?

If a girl was honest with you and she told you to your face that she had feelings for you, would you be flattered and ask her out? If you found her attractive, would you give it a go, or would you move on to another pretty girl, and not give that girl a chance, since you already know she likes you? Another question as well... if a girl told you she liked you, and you weren't interested, would you tell her up front and say "I'm not interested, we can be friends" or would you not say anything at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• DAT confidence, I would ask her out even if I didn't like her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait... shouldn't you be asking the guy out when you confess? Or you confess your feelings and expect him to ask you out?
    Or you could just ask him out - implies that you like him/ are interested - and let the confession for later? Just saying...

What Guys Said 12

• I would feel flattered and ask her out if I found her attractive and or had feelings for her. If I did not feel the same I would probably be straight with her and let her down easy. It is not cool to lead someone on

• Probably, if all goes well then that's nice.
    If she ends up disappointed and loses interest that's OK too since I don't want her to be stressed out over me.

• This goes without saying I'd think but... like anyone if I liked her to and she confessed her feelings I'd be flattered and of course would ask her out (she kinda is asking me by saying her feelings isn't she?). If I wasn't interested I would just politely say, I'm very flattered but I'm sorry I'm not interested.

• Good point... So if a girl said to you "I like you" you would be essentially waiting on her to proceed to ask you out on a date, especially if you hadn't rejected her straight up?

• Yeah kind of. If she said it but didn't ask me out then I'd assume she is hinting then for me to ask her.

• I would like it but whether I'd ask her out or not depends on if I want a relationship. Honestly though if she's already confessing her feelings I'm wondering why she didn't just ask for a date.

• So if she said "I like you" and you didn't reject her outright after she said that, you would expect her to ask you out?

• Fair point ;) I was just curious if a guy would approach the girl about it again if she didn't directly ask. But yes usually "I like you" comes with "so maybe we should hang out sometime."

• I might ask her about it later, if I really like her. Maybe.

• If a girl was into me, and I her, yes I would ask her out. But women Don't understand how hurtful they can be in a reverse situation and say "I'm not interested, but we can be friends". Ahhh the friend zone! Hell on earth for a guy and his crush because it gets worse if he becomes friends, and you start dating someone else, or worse, his best friend that is in and out of jail, smokes weed, and is unimployeed! No thanks!

• Unless she's purely not my type, I'd definitely give her a chance

If she confesses though, I'd expect her to do the asking

• Of course. I'd love to explore new possibilities

• Meaning you'd go for another pretty girl without giving that girl a chance? No judgment just looking for a honest answer ;)

• Only if I liked her back

• Yes, absolutely!

• I would definitely as her out if I like her too! If I do not like her but don't dislike her either I would also ask her out and see if I might develop feelings for her too. If I do dislike her, I would honestly tell her that I don't like her.

• If she had the courage to tell me her feelings I would at least talk to her.

• No...

What Girls Said 0