Why is it ok if a girl hits/beats her boyfriend if he has cheated on her, but not if the guy just slaps his girlfriend in a similar situation?

I've seen it happen before. When my ex cheated and I got mad, people tried to restrain me. But, when I cheated on my ex while drunk, they encouraged my ex to beat me up and her girlfriends even joined her in hitting me

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not okay. No one ever said it was.

A guy who slaps his girlfriend would come off as weak-willed, lacking in self-control, poorly discipline, and quite frankly a prideful pussy trying to soothe his ego. Most men are stronger than woman and there's truly no legitimate need to smack a woman other than the fact that guy got his feelings or pride hurt and wants to feel better. Especially if he eagerly wants to hit her but would hesitate with a man his own size or taller and stronger...

Most Helpful Guy

• Because equality only lasts until there's more benefit to the woman assuming a traditional role.

What Girls Said 5

• It's not okay for anyone to hit anyone else.

• it isn't

• I don't think violence of any kind is justified.

• Hitting people is not Ok at all.

• It's not ok for anyone to be hitting any one else. If my boyfriend cheats on me, I'll tell him to pack up his shit and get out asap.

What Guys Said 3

• its not cool to hit anyone at all... but if your girl cheated on you, bro, you gotta check yourself... you probably did something you didn't know...

• That's bullshit

• @Zendrya according to my theory on the history of "cheating"... its usually the one playing "victim" that is usually the cause. and I stand by it.

• her question was clear and to the point ladies dont change the subject

• Hitting people is wrong.