A Scientist? he is smarter than most of us?

My date said he is a scientist, is that mean is a bit smarter?

DATE GOT CANCELLED!!!
SO NO NEED TO ANSWER.
THANKS ALL FOR YOUR HELP.

Most Helpful Guy

• Statistically speaking he is probably above average intelligence and he is very likely more intellectual. Knowing much being intellectualism.

As a fellow smartypants, don't treat it as anything special. Give him a cookie and a pat on the head and that's it. And if you're tired of talking and he has ever been a professor, feel free to ask him any question about his field and watch him talk nonstop for hours. Of course it is impressive that he is pursuing a career in science but at the end of the day it is really just a job like any other.

Most Helpful Girl

• he's probably very intelligent and hard working but again, it's good to remain skeptical. Don't assume he's always right simply because he's a scientist.

What Guys Said 20

• He's probably smarter at science, but life isn't just science, maybe he's an idiot when it comes to history, and general knowledge. And to me, if you lack in history and general knowledge, you're not a smart person, even though you're smart in science.

• Absolutely not. He's only more versed in certain areas. I promise you know more than he in several other areas

• You need a certain degree of intelligence to become a scientist. Statistically, people with higher IQ have a higher likelihood of getting into STEM fields. Because it isn't easy, it requires a lot of mental effort and critical thinking.
    He probably is smarter than average if he is a scientist.

• If that is precisely the way he expressed it. . . no.

• Nope. He's more educated about a particular topic. That's all. Education =/= intelligence, just as training does not equal ability. How many college drop outs have no (complete) formal education but are billionaire geniuses?

• Well if he can form grammatically correct English sentences, then it's highly probable.

• Not all scientists are smart. Some are not smart enough to get a job in real science and so they get a tv show.

• What exactly is his job? Ask him if he knows the half-life and atomic weight of every element on the periodic table, if he doesn't, than no its just his profession that he excels in (whatever that might be)

• No.

There's lots of dumb scientists out there. It doesn't take that much intelligence to get a PhD.

• ROFL, not because someone says he's a scientist means he's actually a scientist... and I doubt most scientists go around bragging about how they're such "scientists".

• Well - If you need a benchmark to assist with your analysis... I'm a computer scientists and I'm incredibly smart.

I hope I've been able to help!

• he is more educated in a particular subject doesn't make him smarter, just knows mroe about something casue he studied it , mayn scholars are dumb and can't get a converstaion started, education does not equal smarts

• only in the subject area he knows. It does not automatically mean he is smarter in all areas.

• At science he is.

• He is probably quite a bit smarter than us in his learned study. If he is an astrologer he may be able to find his way around the stars but not find his way to the grocery store around the corner

• No. definitely not. He may be completely socially inept or has been in the lab so long that he's forgotten what a boob feels like.

• Smarter in that area maybe, but not necessarily in general

• yes without a doubt he's smarter then you

• Scientists are smart - I know this for a fact.

• Nope, not in anything other than maybe what he works at for a living.

Unless of course it's this guy

www.theinternetpatrol.com/.../...g-bang-theory.jpg

What Girls Said 3

• If he is a scientist I'd like to know what kind. He is implying that he is smarter than you. If he is a real scientist in the field he may very well be. But claiming to be a generic scientist is I think just the way of being pushy and bragging

• Why would a smart person date you?

• no, he just has a degree this not means he is smart