Do guys like a shy girl?

I am 19 years old and pretty shy around people I don't know.
I'm really bad at small talk and feel really uncomfortable around new people and big groups. I'm not like shy to point where I'm a mute, but I am pretty awkward and don't know what to say.

However this is only until you get to know me!! Once I feel comfortable with people I am really outgoing and love to talk.

Guys have pointed out my shyness several times and make it seem as though it's a really bad quality. Someone told me it made me seem as though I'm insecure and childish, which I am neither of those things.

Do all guys find shyness an unattractive quality in a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, lots of guys like shy girls. However, a lot of them will not feel encouraged enough to actually approach them in person, so they will get... not overlooked, exactly, but simply not approached as often. Meeting people online can often be a lot easier for people that are really shy, it can take a lot of the pressure off, and give a lot more time between responses to think of ways to keep the conversation going. And eventually you'll learn tricks that'll make conversation easier.

So you will do fine being a shy girl, but it will be harder for you to meet enough guys to find ones that really click with you on a personal level until you start taking a few more risks, or open things up via online interactions or something like that.

Your 'shy' will only affect that very first approach, the first few interactions. So it won't be something that will affect a relationship over time. You just have to get over that first hump and you'll be fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• but shyness is sort off related with insecurity no?
    I think you should put yourself out more, like force yourself a bit to get out of your bubble to reach a more average personality rather than one extreme.
    you need to be more imposing, especially when you re gonna start work you know? so better start working on it from now.
    anw a little of shyness is kind off cute (when it is not an excess) and even considered a sign of femininity.

What Guys Said 21

• Nah It's fine. For me the issue would be I would think she wasn't interested in me or even disliked me as a person if she was super shy around me. It's less about being an unattractive quality about her but me thinking she just doesn't like me so I don't bother trying.

• Being really shy is a deal breaker, I just couldn't connect
    But gag attracts introverted guys so you'll probably get responses accordingly. I think shy/outgoing people tend to date similarly shy/outgoing people.

• No but some guys are like this to. So if you both are shy things get awkward sometimes and if nobody says what they're feeling then one or both of you jump to conclusions or start questioning everything about the other person that may or may not be there or be true. Or someone takes it as disinterest.

• I do not mind a shy girl.. long as she likes everything about me.. most all the women I have met or dated like all of me.. even what I wear is never an issue

• the truth is for me its just the opposite if i know that thats the problem and you are not just acting stuck up then i love it.

• shy girl is considered fantastic for guys. Shy guy is considered horrible for girls because confidence is what women look for but confidence is not really what men look for.

• I'm pretty much the same and that's why it is no problem for me... but it also makes it more difficult to get to know each other if both are shy

• Shyness is not bad thing, just remember whenever you'll shy you never move forward in life, so listen your fav. Energy songs daily and do every work with one thought "I don't care what peoples will think about me" and from day when you'll think this, no one can stops you in life:)

• No. Being shy is super cute. But if you're shy and pretty, you should tell the guy you like that you're single or at least bring it up in conversation somehow. Otherwise I'd probably assume that I have no shot with a pretty and shy girl.

• You sound cute

• Yes I love shy girls :) They are sincere.

• Yes.. i have a friend who is very shy n its not attractive... just get that straight... very little shy is good... but shy mean like real shy is bad... listen to some trash talks... learn to develop personality... learn to say Fuck U!!!

• shy girls are great they are often the prettiest but so hard to talk to

• I find shyness kinda cute, especially when mixed with girls who blush easily i find that adorable

• depends what ur like when im talking to u

• Extroverts might find it a turn off, but an introvert would find it attractive.

• Yes there is not much shy girl anymore so we like.

• I guess talking to other people in social networks will help you talking to others in real life

• Sorry but I find shy gals gross... they just disgust me...

• It's really hard for me to work up the courage to go talk to a girl; but I have done that to a shy girl - a shy girl that never displayed any interest in me when she was alone, but surrounded with her female friends the signal sending went through the roof.

So, I approached her - and I'm a shy guy as well - she was sitting with her friends; and instantly looked down at the table, but seemed to have a huge smile... but I could barely get words out of her mouth, and she never asked anything back or said anything more than two or three syllables.

So I'm basically done trying to talk to shy girls. Ergo = unattractive quality

• Aww it's sweet. And if you open up once you get to know someone then it's all good 🙂

• Plus I'm the same. Shy at first

What Girls Said 2

• I am literally exactly like you! I think a lot of guys think it's cute (as long as they don't think you're being a prude)

• Depends on a guy 😊 Some guys actually love shy girls 🌸 The thing is that shy girls are harder to approach and stuff 😕 But in general shyness isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, it's kind of cute I think ☺ Don't worry about it much ✌🏽