Online Dating: What's a good opening message?

I've joined an online dating site. Never done it before so I'm a total rookie. When I see a profie I like. Any advice of what a good opening message would be.

Most Helpful Girl

• Relate it to her profile. Send a message that opens up a conversation and gives her something to respond to (if you just say "hey," then she'll just say "hey" back.) Did she say she has a dog? Say: "Nice to meet you! I see you like dogs, me too! I have a yellow lab. What kind of dog do you have?" (Or whatever you see on her profile that you relate to). Usually school/career is something you can talk about and keep asking questions about ("What do you do?" "Oh that sounds interesting! What does that involve?" etc)

What Girls Said 1

• "Hi, Girls, I am for Real, Looking for a nice girl to date. I am not into games, Scammers or Girls who are Guys.
    Good luck, @LokofEngland. xx

What Guys Said 1

• If she likes you pretty much anything works dude. unfortunately there is no secret magic word.