Who has it harder in the dating world - men or women?

I think guys have it harder. Put two lists of dating requirements for the guys/girls next to each other. One will be a post-it note, the other one will be a damn novel.

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys for sure. We have to have a certain height, certain amount of muscles, certain amount of money, can't drive a piece of shit car, be a certain race or skin color if living in a different area or a multicultural area, etc.

Women just have to look good usually and not be fat. Even then, there are dozens of fit guys who are into BBWs (big beautiful women). Most men don't care about height, money, race or skin color of a girl. We're far less shallow than girls.

• ... you know some shitty ass girls apparently

• @Zendrya wilkes888. wordpress. com/2013/02/08/my-final-blog-entry-love-you-all/ Read this blog to see what I'm talking about
      Plus I don't think I'm that ugly to go 28 years of my life without ever kissing a girl and even be liked by a girl. Race and skin color definitely plays a huge part for girls, unless the guys are able to compensate their racial disadvantage by either height, money, or muscles.

• you could have a shitty personality... Girls don't typically like guys who generalize them with everyone else... You also may have a great personality... I don't you.. but there is so much more that a girl considers than objects. I'm 5'1 so everyone is a giant to me so height doesn't really matter, I hate muscle on a guy, my boyfriend doesn't have a job, he doesn't have a car, my boyfriend is Caucasian but that's just how it happened (he showed interest and no other race was), my boyfriend is chubby. And even as I get older I won't care about any of that stuff either as long as he is independent and not a hobo...

What Girls Said 7

• You're not taking a lot of things into account, such as attractiveness, socioeconomic status, being charismatic vs socially awkward or inept, whether a mental illness (e. g. anxiety and depression) is present, etc.

I don't think it's fair to generalize when a lot of people of both sexes/genders have trouble dating. Not every woman has a ridiculous check list.

• "I don't think it's fair to generalize when a lot of people of both sexes/genders have trouble dating"

Only reason some women have trouble dating because those women only want the top status type guys.

• @MyUsernameRules ah. so all women just care about money! of course!

• Not if they're of either the right height, or buff, the right race or skin color, etc. If not then the guys have to compensate with money.

• I truly do not think it is easy for anyone. I am not interested in dating right now, but to anyone who thinks that women are approached several times a day by men expressing their interest: you are wrong. I've been approached exactly one time, and he made me extremely uncomfortable.

I've observed very manipulative people of both sexes, and they made their respective partners lives hell (even if they were too codependent to realize it.)

• I'm was a bit surprised when you said that you don't get approached. Maybe it's just where I am, but basically all the girls around me are constantly talking about new guys they are dating, guys asking them out, etc. I feel like they are constantly seeing someone and perpetually taken lol. Do your girl friends also have similar experiences as yourself?

• how is this a question? lol

women have it easier lol

• neither

• Men have it harder women have it easier!

• I think it's harder for women, as men can now get sex left right and center thanks to things like tinder so there's no need for a guy to stick with a woman anymore

• Girls definitely have a lot higher expectations and they should. They are hunting for the best sperm donor for their future children. Is he tall, intelligent, and financially stable?

• And this is why some girls complain that they are single and wonder why ^

What Guys Said 19

• Depends on the person, their looks, personality, and circumstances. I'd imagine it'd go something like this:

Easiest
    -----------
    1) Attractive, outgoing female
    2) Attractive, outgoing male
    3) Attractive, reserved female
    4) Unattractive, outgoing male
    5) Unattractive, outgoing female
    6) Attractive, reserved male
    7) Unattractive, reserved female
    8) Unattractive, reserved male
    ------------
    Hardest

• men for sure. Women just need to wait and let all the men come rolling in. It is why even average women think they are supermodels these days.

• Men in the first half, women in the second

• That's like asking who's faster: a cheetah, or a turtle?

Obviously men have it tougher.

• Guys of course

Women have extremely high standards, especially if they actually bag a jackpot man in their lifetimes

If you're not equal or better (usually in looks and wealth) than their highest man, good luck getting her

You ≥ her highest quality ex = The woman

• Men in the early years women in the later years

• I think women have it harder

• Ugly men and ugly women.

• Guys who gets it have i the easiest, then beautiful girls, then regular girls, then regular guys. The girls who are obese and unattractive have it the hardest.

• Men and women have their own advantages and disadvantages. It just depends on who's problems you'd rather have.

Frankly I'd rather have the problems women face.

• depends.

• I think girls have it much harder - at least guys can ask girls out...

• from the point of measuring density I would say men literally have it "harder"

• men i believe women are in control when it comes to choice and aceptance fo rthe most part

• Men have it harder because they have always got to impress the girl.

• why is this even a q?

• Young men, old women.

Not that some young men aren't drowning in pussy, and some old woman aren't being hit on constantly.

But on average, there's your answer.

To some extent, the post it note for women reads 'look young and cute, like sex, don't be a bitch'.

That's pretty easy when they're 20, it gets tougher.

For guys yeah, it's be stable, emotionally mature, confident, decent job if you're out of school, etc. etc. But a lot of this is stuff you should be building in your life anyway. IT's tough to have young but they can be gained over time.

• Men have it harder. Woman dont have to do much when dating; they pretty much just have to be approachable. Men are expected to do all the work, such as asking and such, even though feminists whine about gender roles all the time, they have no problem with this. Secondly as long as your a reasonably looking woman, you'll probably have a man ask you out. Women never ask men out unless they look like brad pit, or have lots of money or are some bad boy thug. Shy women especially have it easy compared to shy men. Men aren't normally turned off by shy girls and will approach them; where as shy guys are often considered to be a turn off, because they are "doormats" or "boring". Add to that that 99% of rejections are done by women, not men; unless your really ugly or fat, you probably won't get rejected. Men are also expected to pay for everything, and meet ridiculous physical standards, and whats funny is that women always complain that MEN are shallow... yet men are often less picky. Also men are expected to pick up on ridiculously subtle "signals" to approach women, which are often misread, and if a guy doesn't approch he's considered to "not be interested"

• Men; because we are expected to make the first move; and it's a no-go for us shy guys