My boyfriend doesn't like to say I love you?

We've both been hurt and it took us a year of dating to say I love you to each other. He's always shown me love by his actions. In January he said it first, but that's basically the end of it. He does not say it. If I say it he says back semi reluctantly. I know he loves me, and his way of showing me through action is better I think, but I think hearing it is good too. I asked him about it and he says he'd rather show me than say it... I love that, but I want to hear it occasionally.

Most Helpful Guy

• so if he shows you then you don't "need" the words. Some people have a problem saying them others can say the words but not show you like he has done. Just relax, actions speak louder than words.

What Guys Said 3

• i think he has a heard time with it because he is scared that saying it will jinks the relationship. it could be he always said it in the past and they didn't beleave him. or acted indifferent to it. ether way the word has lost its meaning to him and he feels actions speak loader than words.

• Random, what nationality is he? In many cultures around the world it is completely normal to not express affection verbally.

• I'm the same way
    I'll say it, but I don't want to be saying it every 5 minutes

What Girls Said 0