What would you do if your boyfriend/girlfriend got REALLY sick?

i'm talking really sick, like cancer or like lost an arm/leg, or needed constant medical care or something along those lines. this is just a random question. me personally, i think i'd leave them. but stay friends, there is enough personal shit going on for me to have to add that negativaty into my life when i dont even have my own shit under control.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't leave someone i truly loved. My father died of Cancer last year and my mother never once thought about leaving him. It was a physical , mental and emotional struggle caring for him , but she cared for him until he took his last breath

When i get married i would never consider leaving my husband unless he betrayed me in any way. I will be committed to him for life , no matter what life challenges we faced. I couldn't leave him at a time when he needed me the most. That would be an "opportunity" for him to see my loyalty and love for to him put the test.

• yeah i wouldn't leave my wife, the mother of my children... but a girl who i've only known a year or two MAX i am OUT? i'm only 22 i have my whole life ahead of me, and no disrespect to your father may he rest in peace, but i dont need that negativity in my life at such a young age. it has nothing to do with loyalty.

• If I was in a realationship and I loved him and wanted to spend my life with him then I'd still remain loyal and stay by his side. I'm not judging you though. I understand your reasoning. I'm just stating what I would do in this situation.

• relationship*

Most Helpful Guy

• If I just started dating them I'd leave them obviously. If we were married I'd honor my wife and stick by her. If where dating for a while then I don't know that would be situational.

• yeah thats what im saying if it's my wife who i've been with for much of my life, and we had kids and everything i wouldn't leave but imagine if a girl you're only dating a year, barely, breaks it to you that she has fucking cancer do you really need that shit in your life?

What Girls Said 4

• I would support my partner 100% but I wouldn't be able to give them constant medical care as I'll have to be working around the clock to cover costs. It's a tough situation but I'd probably not leave them. I love my partner too much.

• I would stand by them and keep dating them because poor guy, he already went through this horrible disease, all he needs is to be broken up with and more stress. I would feel so awful.

• I was trying to date this guy for a bit, but he kept pushing me away. I really liked him, and he kept contacting me, but not wanting to date. I found out he had stomach cancer, and didn't want me to get close. I still tried to be a good friend and supported him. If he was my boyfriend, I would have stayed and supported him. Even though I have my own medical issues, I am strong enough to be there for him as well. He pulled through, but still doesn't want to be in a relationship, so that's on him.

• I would stay with them. In my opinion to throw away everything because of an unforeseen rough road in the relationship is a bit selfish.

What Guys Said 6

• personally i would stick with them because thats when they need you the most. i wouldn't be able to live with my self doing that to someone

• Depends how much I cared about them. Chances are I'd leave them.
    If by some miracle, we were perfect for each other, found each other and were together, I'd never leave her (I'd still flush that turd in a heartbeat if she cheated though). That's academic though because it's never going to happen.

• I would take care of her all long to the point where I might get tired and exhausted, I wouldn't leave her alone.

• I would take care off her to the end with the help off my own private medical team.

• Waste her with a.38, claim life insurance.

• I'd leave. My life is so complicated right now that I couldn't deal with it.