I have been dating a muslim guy for 10 months now. can't leave him?

We met online and we have been seeing each other for about 10 months. He's Muslim rather religious my family is Christian and religious, but I am agnostic. I love him now but I know I will never be able to tell my family about him. And I know we should stop seeing each other, but its very hard to do, as I don't have a real reason. I am happy with him, so there is no current hurt or anger to make leaving him feel worth it. Yet it bugs me that we can never be a normal couple. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you think you should stop seeing each other? Lol.

If he is religious, you'd probably need to convert to Islam or pretend to still be a Christian to marry him. As far as I know, Muslim men are allowed to marry "people of the book", which constitutes Jews, Christians and Muslims. I'm like 70% certain about this. If I'm correct, the only issue would be reconciling his family and yours.
    Seeing as you should already be a mature adult, there shouldn't be an obstruction in your decision to marry this man at all. It's not your family's decision to make.
    I believe you need to get your priorities straight before making this decision. There's nothing wrong with marrying him. But you need to know that he's the man you're going to spend all your life with.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't know what you're getting yourself into, he's not for you. And he will NEVER marry you. I had a friend who was Muslim and he only dated girls outside his religion, but he always told me he's only using them, he doesn't care for them. I asked him why are you leading these girls on? He said he didn't care and they wanted him...

Don't get yourself into this dilemma, he says he loves you now but when facing his father he will deny his love for you... This is a doomed relationship.

My advice is to end it now... before things get worse.

What Guys Said 11

• why would you leave him if you are happy with him? you can be a normal couple your family will just have to learn to accept that you chose happiness and love over religious compatibility, which in the long run shouldn't mean anything if you are happy and in love

• Think about it this way: If you two stay together and are headed toward marriage, at some point he's going to want you to convert to Islam. His religion will pretty much dictate that because right now you're an infidel. So ask yourself: Do you really want to be a Muslim?

• this is not right at all , both of u can get married and live happily with each other , Islam is not a dictator this is a very wrong belief , Islam or any other religion is a choice and its ure own choice as i got a lot of married Muslim friends

• He may not ask you to convert (probably will with time, maybe not), but if and when you two do have kids, he will expect for his kids to follow his religion.

• I'd you really love him then stay with him and fight for your love...

Or if you don't and you want leave him for reasons like your parents not accepting your relationship or something like that then run away like a coward and loser... And go do what your parents say... be their puppet...

It doesn't matter what others think of your relationship.. It's yours...
    And by the way your are quite old enough to live your own life.. So like it! Don't let others control it even if it's your parents

• Typical example of a brain-dead woman who makes the most illogical and stupid choice in her life. Just continue staying with him. As if you can leave him if you want. He will stone you to death if you dare. And if you would bear his child his family would kill you as they tend to do. It's called honour killing. No infidels kids are allowed in the family.

• i really dont know from where did u get all this hate

• iam telling this to u , coz all wht u said is totally wrong

• @koksss It's not me who stones women to death or executes gay people or preaches death to infidels or calls uncovered women "whores who must get raped" or supports honour killing and female genital mutilation. You tell the hundreds of raped European women that I am totally wrong. Now bye you muslim sympathiser.

• it shouldn't matter what others think about your relationship just as long as you both understand and except the differences in each others faith and you love and support each other

• You love him! He love you! Religious shouldn't stop peoples from loving each other! But if you want a "Normal" Relationships then just leave him i know too that its hard but right now there 2 choice
    1- Stay and be with the one you love
    2- Leave him if you felt it is weird or something happend

• Tell him to leave his religion - if he truly loved and respected you, he'd do that for you.

• Muslims are allowed as many wives as they can afford, so keep that in mind as well Muslim and Christian are rival religions.

• Build bridges not walls

• Wow, you're stupid.

What Girls Said 7

• You say that you find the idea of leaving him to be tough because you 'don't have a real reason'. Ask yourself if you can see yourself living a happy life after possibly cutting off ties with your family and converting to Islam?

• Actually it isn't exactly necessary. The religious "bloodline" goes over the man. So a muslim man is allowed to marry a non-muslim woman. Even though its potentially shunned.

• @FakeName123 yeah, exactly. It's not technically 'required' that the wife to be is Muslim but leaving many family members disgruntled is quite a heavy price to pay.

• Like what this other dude asked. Are you willing to convert to Islamic beliefs?

If your happy with them. Then stay with them for now. Just see how things workout. Though with how the Europe is being ripped apart by the refugees. Best for your parents not to know for the time being.

• Leave him! Oh my goodness! Bless your heart! You're not likely to become less attached to him, and you should leave him before you get closer or have other things to worry about.

• sorry for my interruption but what is she supposed to worry about

• @koksss That's why she should leave him now if she thinks she must. She will likely only become more attached to him. People don't usually just fall out of love.

• my opinion is that if she is happy then she must takecare of her self and him

• Leave him

• I had a few friends date Muslim men, who were so nice, like the best guys ever, hard working, well dressed, very polite and strong... but they will demands you give up your views, what ever your views are on any and every matter, and that you worship a gigantic bunch of twisted nonsense.
    You might even think you will agree to it because you love that guy, but you will be sadly confused on Islam and just what "worship" means.
    Its not good, really way worse that you could expect... do research, and one other thing, Islam condones men to lie and promise how things will be to a woman, like he might tell you "Don't worry, I'm not so serious like those others, its ok, don't worry I promise"
    He is a liar and believes he has good reason to betray you like that, do not mess with it you will be sorry.

• IM MUSLIM
    and this isn't going anywhere!
    muslims and other cultures/groups are family oriented! the family will not approve of u being agnostic. Muslim men are allowed to marry people of the book (jews, christians) but not polytheists and atheists
    Trust me, his family won't accept of you!!! oh and therye religious? lol hell noo! they prolly got a bride for him ready back home
    what will happen is he sleeps with u and other non muslims.. and marry a virgin muslim female

• I would continue my relationship with him. If you're happy, you're happy. You're what over 24 and still can't live your own life.