First date for shy girl?

Okay so I'm going on a first date tonight with a guy a mutual friend has set me up with, he seems nice but isn't a big texter, just nervous and hoping to make a good impression but I'm a little shy in person! Ideas and help please, do men be put off by shy girls, I study, read and love classical music, not really a current person lol, we are going for a drink in a quiet bar by the way

What Guys Said 2

• Don't be shy. Most guys hate that. I do. I know I don't like having a study a woman. Say what's on your mind and just talk. Be casual but be open minded. If he flirts don't be afraid to flirt back because if he starts flirting with you that means he wants you to flirt back. If he's agreeing to a date with you he isn't just going to want you to sit there all shy. I'm not saying flaunt yourself. NO. I'm just saying be cool and casual.

• Well, here's hoping that he isn't shy as well.

I'm really shy and approaching and initiating a conversation with a shy girl, that showed massive attraction signals towards me when she was around her female friends, was a disaster; because she only replied to my questions with really short sentences and never asked me anything in return. So at least don't do that.

It took a lot of building up the courage for me, as I'm massively shy, to approach her... but now I know to walk the other way the next times I see a shy girl sending me signals

• Yikes! I'm sorry your experience was so bad, thanks for your opinion and will remember your advice xx

What Girls Said 1

• Depends on the guy. Some guys find shy girls really attractive, so hopefully that's the kind of guy he is. Good luck :D