What is the ideal setting for a first date?

I got the courage to ask my friend since elementary school out on a date, we are both males, and he seems very closed off about the fact he likes guys, I'm not even sure he thinks this is an actual date. I wan't to take him somewhere really, really fancy and buy him some flowers or something, but I don't want to make him feel bad if he didn't think this was a date.

Most Helpful Girl

• First dates don't have to be huge. I went out for tea with my boyfriend on our first date to a nice place. You can really stick to a nice coffee shop or cafe for a first date. It's a good setting in my opinion :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You know him, so what do you think he would find fun. I think flowers would be too much. It really depends on where you are and can it be outside?

If it was warm out and near a beach you could have dinner at a nice restaurant near it and take a walk when the sun starts to set?

I'm near NYC so Could go to a club or show and then a nice restaurant.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe start casual and talk about stuff so he feels more comfortable. If he does not know it is a date it will be better like that.

• Do it. Go all out. I bet he will love it!

What Guys Said 1

• Holiday Inn lol jk something fun you don't always do! Something outdoors!