My crush doesn't have money, what can I do?

I really like him but whenever I say to him that we can go to some place he seems exciting but then he says "I will tell you if I can go because right now I don't have money"
He is 20 years old and goes to university. He told me that he will find a job but I am thinking that maybe is an excuse because he doesn't want to go out with me.

I also go to college and I have a job.

Most Helpful Guy

• So IF you really want to go out with him, plan a date which doesn't cost any money. If you offer to pay for him that will probably turn him off (I certainly wouldn't want a girl to pay for me, I'd go halves at least but I'd probably offer to pay).

However, if he goes to university and doesn't have that busy a schedule yet doesn't bother to get a part-time job, maybe he's just a bit of a lazy bum and you'd be better off with someone more responsible.

It depends really whether you like him as a potentially long-term thing, or just as a bit of fun. If it's the latter, you can ignore the second paragraph :)

What Guys Said 13

• It's pretty normal for college students not to have any money. I don't know what your crush's course of study is, but he may have to devote all his time he doesn't spend with you to his studies. Then again maybe not. If he's not taking a full course load of challenging courses maybe he can earn some going out money with a part time job.

• just say I will pay! My treat! If he says nope. Then you have your answer. It's just an excuse

• perhaps u can bear the expenses if u have job, as a man may be it will effect his self esteem so he might resist to accept ur offer, so try to find a common point of comfort zones of your both.
    Good Luck :)

• Well if you invite him and offer to pay and he STILL refuses to go, then he doesn't want to go out with you.

If you only want to go out with him if he pays for both your stuff, then he's better off alone.

• My idea was that he pay for his things and I will pay for my things! Is not so expensive that way for neither of us I think. I am not looking for someone to pay for my things.

• Good!

But if you want a definitive answer, you should offer to pay for one date for both of you, that way you'll know the answer.

If he doesn't have a job, of course he won't spend money on non-necessities.

• tell him there are thing we can do or go that is free. even if its going foe a walk in the park. going to a flee market just to walk around. it might not be exciting but you are spending time together

• He shouldn't spend money if he doesn't have a job. His excuse is legitimate.

• Suggest low cost options like museums, parks, art fairs, beaches, etc. You don't need money to go on a date.

• So what if he can't afford expensive dates! If you enjoy being with him then where you spend your time together shouldn't matter so much.

• He doesn't want a job cause he's addicted to video games.

• hire him

• I'd focus on going places that don't cost money.

• offer to pay... but if he still says no it doesn't mean he doesn't like you he could be shy about having you pay for him, i wouldn't feel right if a girl payed for me so i would try not to make it happen

• Don't date him so he can find a better woman.

What Girls Said 2

• Offer to be the one to pay. Tell him it's your treat. Then if he still doesn't want to go then he either A. has too much pride or B. doesn't really want to go out.

• He needs to find a job!