Experience with long distance relationship?

Do they normally last or eventually fizzle out? And if its an open relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in 2 of them and in my experience their success depends entirely upon the people in them and how much effort they are putting into making it actually work and how much they want it, a couple things are vital for it to work though and that is communication, trust and making an effort to see each other. And ehh an open relationship no offense is not a relationship it's pretty much just friends with benefits and if it's open then trust is going to be really hard to achieve.

And I don't know if it helps or not but in all the long distance relationships I've been in, the distance was never actually the reason why things ended, but anyway just remember they are hard but not impossible.

Most Helpful Girl

• if you're asking if that relationship will last, then you need to meet him personally first. It's so much different talking to him in the net than in person. You have a long way to go. Love has different facades, and I think you've just reached 1/5 in understanding love. You'll get to know the rest once you've meet him and be with him for years.

But if you remain having long distance relationship, then it's a decision that both of you should take. It's a combined effort to keep that relationship. Keep it if it's worth it. Again, it's a decision that both of you should decide. If one gets tired, the other one should catch. It's normal to get tired.

What Guys Said 5

• Let's be honest. An open relationship is not a relationship. They're just fucking.

• Did it for 2 years very hard without constant communication. It is stressful. Open relationship? Yeah, no. Who does that?

• They generally fail.

• I always try but they always tell me it's too far. Oh well xvideos here i come

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• I never been in an open relationship lol How do you do that? Umm It depends on the couple and the life!

• Depends on the relationship. My mom and dad met online and they were long distance, so it worked out for them.

• meh, i dont place too much hope in them, but I'm not closed off to it.

• I was in 2 long distance raleationship. one lasted 8 months. and the other was for 2 years.. But it didn't really count because we were always on and off. its really difficult. especially knowing that at the end one of you is gonna have to move where the other person lives.

• Both people have to be invested for it to work.

• wouldn't do open-its not fun and open relationships should be fun. LDR are a lot of work, and works best when there is a clear deadline "we are going to be closer in x amount of time". The constant unknown kills my roommate

1 private opinion(s)