I'm 16, my 42 yo coworker asked me out?

we both work at Mcdonalds and have known each other for a few months. Just the other day, he told me he wanted to talk to me alone, and that's when he asked me out. I was shocked and told him Ill think about it, but Im embarrassed to even go back to work now. I might turn him down, he's not very attractive at least.

Now I am very much attracted to older guys, but 42 is a bit old. I like guys mostly between like 24-34.
what should I tell this guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow! Is he trying to get arrested? Wow! It's like he's asking to go to jail. Yes, you should turn him down at least for the time being (if not, for good). He must be a complete stupid moron for pulling this shit. If I were you, I'd strongly suggest mentioning this to your supervisor. He doesn't need to be arrested or even fired as he didn't rape you or harass you, but he does need to be talked to. If your supervisor is a kid like you, then I'd talk to your parents. You need some adult that will help you out of this. Even if you turn him down, he could get crazy. After all, he was crazy enough to ask a 16 year old out (when he's 42). If that's not crazy, I don't know what is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let him down politely, but sternly. You want to make sure you are respectful but get the point that you are not interested whatsoever with him.

This is honestly disgusting. I remember working at McDs at 15 and I had 30+yr old men asking me out, many in their 40s. Ugh. Fucking pedos.
    *Shudders*

Anyways, make sure you also tell at least your parents or family or even friends you can trust. If he persists or makes you feel uncomfortable, tell a manager right away. I made the mistake of "letting it slide" too much with an old coworker of mine. I was 17 and he was a divorced man in his 30s. I kept being polite and telling him I wasn't interested, he would NOT STOP BOTHERING ME. He even resorted to stalking me! Needless to say, report it, preferably in writing and with a witness if available, to a manager because these older men oftentimes think it's ok to get out of hand very quickly.

What Guys Said 34

• 42 and working at Micky D? What a loser! I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is a virgin. Lol!

Anyway, he would be classified as a pedophile here in the US. You should've flat-out rejected him (especially since you're not attracted to him). If he continues to be persistent then report him to your boss immediately.

• lol, a 42 year old working at mcdonalds... damn

• He's old enough to be your dad and works at Mickey D's hitting on teenagers. You probably aren't the first one he's asked out and definitely won't be last until he finds himself locked up. Just tell him you aren't interested and really mean it when you say it, don't beat around the bush because then he'll feel the need to someone how convince you to go out anyway.

Also stay away from older guys until you're grown, guys that are interested in girls young as you have issues you don't need to be apart of. Guys like him just look for young naive girls like you (no disrespect but you should've told him no on the spot) and try to take advantage of you, nothing serious could ever come of it.

• report him to the manager what a perv

• if he takes you out he will probably rape you... this is no joke say no and make sure your never alone with him

• yeah don't do it lol.

just say you're not interested.

• I don't think that a 34 year old is that different in maturity or looks even for that matter than a 42 year old. That being said it sounds sketchy. It is technically legal I think, barely as in if you were 15 it wouldn't be. but still legal. As long as he is not in a position of authority over you.

• It isn't a matter of the age difference, there is a bigger difference between me and my 20 yo girlfriend.

It IS a matter that you are under 18. Tell him to back off or you will report him to the supervisor or the cops, as appropriate. If he is "ok" then tell him to ask you out again in 2 years.

• What the fuck. Just, no. Say no.

• He's older than my dad... Besides what on earth does a 42 year old want anything to do with a school age girl? Anyway, I wouldn't go any further with him. Just be honest and tell him you don't see him in that way.

• What do you think he wants to do with her?

• @zagor That's the question I ask... A 42 year man and a 16 year old girl are on completely different life stages. Chances are he most likely has a hard time with women around his age and therefore resorts to dating highschool girls to match up to his maturity level.

• Well, he's working McDonald's and isn't a manager. Probably not doing so well all around.

• Tell him no. And you might want to go looking for a different job.

The age gap is huge. He's "not very attractive." Guys in their 40's would practically never be able to treat you as a co-equal.

• If someone should lose their job it shouldn't be you. Go back to work and reject him and then carry on like normal. If he has an issue with it then he can quit.

• Just tell him "no." If he persists, report him to management. He might have misperceived a friendly, approachable personality as interest.

• Also, make sure you aren't wishy-washy or could be perceived as on-the-fence or convincible about it. If he knows your mind is made up and you won't change it, then he'll be more likely to let it die.

• That's pretty creepy. 16 is way too young. For him anything less than mid 20s is a stretch.

• I don't know what are the laws in your country but this guy is a pure pedophile!!

Stay away from that creep...

• What a perv! Tell him to f*ck off!

• Yeah, tell him to go play daddy with someone over 20.

• Just tell him that you are not interested. You do realise he is a pedophile and if you have sex, he is doing something illegal...

• Unfortunately part of growing up and being a girl is that you have to learn how to turn men down and not think anything of it because you're going to be an expert by the times you're 40.

• That's harassment, sue and get some moneh.

• this is fucked up !
    Tell your supervisor AND your parents!

• Jeez that's a big age gap , I advise you not to hang out with him

• Thanks, I mean we were friends but now after this I don't know

• Yeah sure you're welcome , just try to hang out with people around your age like max 2 years older that's what I do

• That's really weird

• i'd say ''no''

• Just tell him no. Be polite I guess if you have to work with him. But he should know and expect that could be a likely outcome.

• No, he is too old for you

• Just say no. What was he thinking?

• you are too young for him, he wants sex i guess:)

• Just tell him flat out "No" and let management know. Also preferably your parents also

• Go for it. I actually married my wife last month and she's 16. We have a baby on the way. So you never know what could happen.

• More from Guys
    4

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 25

• Tell your boss and parents. That's incredibly inappropriate.

• TBH this guy is too old for you because you are underage. Nothing wrong with dating older guys, but he should know better.

I would say no because I'm getting the sense from what you wrote that you are not comfortable with the situation.

I wouldn't be comfortable either if a 42 year old guy asked me on a date at 16.

• Actually im not underage, 16 is the legal age here in he UK, but he's not that attractive and I do feel flattered... I'm just afraid Ill hurt his feelings if I turn him down.

Would one date be okay, then I can tell him no more? It must have been hard for him to get the courage to ask me out, I don't know

• I don't know. I kind of feel like going on one date with him, knowing you don't want to be with him is kind of leading him on.

I think how you put it here is fine. That you are flattered but that you just don't think it's a good idea. You can use the excuse that you both work at the same place and you don't want to complicate things. Hopefully he respects that and doesn't ask you again.

• Yeah, it might not be good... im kind of afraid that if I went in his car with him alone, he could sexually abuse me and touch me in places that I wouldn't feel comfortable with.

He seems slow, so maybe thats why he has to go for younger women? Some guys can't relate to women their own age.

• I would tell him very clearly that you don't think it's appropriate and then avoid being alone with him. A 42 year old man should know this isn't appropriate which makes me think he doesn't know where to draw a line... so stay away from him.

• I'd tell him no first of all. Second, you're still under age so that is illegal anyways. (I'm not one of "those" who would call the cops or anything. Some people are just attracted to each other and that is their life. But that's way too old lol. If he gets weird or starts pushing you and it's uncomfortable I'd let your boss know

• I'm sorry my opinion here is to say no. Tell him to take a hike. A 42 year old? Seriously? What a perv. He's 26 years older than you. That's a big no. At least go out with someone that's around your age like between 16-18 or 16-20. Even though a 20 year old is still a little bit older than you. All I'm saying is stay clear if him. He might kidnap you or something of he's into 16 year olds. Carry a knife on you for protection. Or if you don't own one then use a fork that works too.

• Yeah, I kinda agree with you. Although, I usually date outside my age range (mostly mid-20s guys), but an over 40 guy is so old.

Im sure the only reason he asked me out is for sex, which i wouldn't have with him XD

• I hope you be safe and carry protection just in case.

• I also like older guys but that's too much. I would date Eminem tho XD

Just be honest, you won't hurt his feelings, he's already fucked lol

• So you have nothing to be embarrassed about. Just say no. If he makes things weird and only after he makes things weird talk to your manager

• You're 16, tell him you're a kid and that he should read the book "18 and the law". And you can't date a guy older than 17 until you're 18. Depending on what you guys do, he could go to jail. I bet he has kids older than you. Tell your boss that that old ass man tried to ask you out.

• I hear the creepiest things here on gag I swear...
    I bet he thinks you re his soul mate too...
    say no.
    if he keeps asking or acts all butt hurt report him for harassment immediately, no buts and no pity.

• That you appreciate the offer, but you aren't allowed to date. It'll make him feel weird and thing twice about asking you out again. Because that's just creepy.

• Where are you from? In some places that would be illegal and if so I'd report him to the manager, what a pervert! Especially as it's made you feel so uncomfortable to even go back to work. If it was legal (it is where I'm from) I'd nicely but sternly tell him no and I'm avoid him as much as possible. Creep!

• Tell him that unless he wants to go to jail, he better find someone his own age.

• Girl, anything over 19 is too old. You are so young. He should not have asked you out. That's very inappropriate. Don't feel like you owe him anything either. Simply tell him no, or that you are talking to someone else.

• Im mostly attracted to guys in their mid 20s... if this guy were in that age range i would have gladly accepted. He's over 40 though... yeah maybe I should turn him down.

How do I turn him down politely next time I see him?

• You 100% should turn him down. Just say sorry, but you have to decline. From there you see his reaction.
      I get the older attraction think, but it's not great once you actually be with people older. It's overrated, really. And guys in their mid twenties shouldn't want girls so young.

• Tell him you're a minor and that you'll call the cops if he continues to pursue you.

• Dude. He could be your father with that age.
    Reject him politely and if its still a bother, find a new job.

• Report him... REPORT Him now! he is a pedophile.
    Take care and stay away from this creep.

• Just think of it like this... he's old enough to be your dad.

• he's not even 20 which makes this worse. Go to the manager.

• Yeah, umm don't._.

• Eww. Just eww.

• Depending on your state of residence, what he did may or may not also be illegal

• Tell him to piss off

• That is so gross and inappropriate. Report it to your manager or HR

• Decline him politely, he is wayy too old, and in most places its illegal. I suggest just telling him it won't be appropriate to go on a date with him

• I just dont know how I can possibly work with him after I turn him down

• Include that you still want to be friends. That way he's not completely devastated, and if he is, he'll get over it eventually. After all, it's only work, you're there for money not relationships. You will only see him for part of the day. It will only be uncomfortable if you make it. Don't stress yourself too much about it :)

1 private opinion(s)