Have you ever done online dating?

Im curious if any of you have been on a dating website or dating app like Tinder or Match. com etc and if you have used a dating website before did work out for you? Did you have good or bad dates? The reason why I ask if im thinking of joining a online dating website but I've heard so many horror stories about meeting someone whom you met on a dating website that its kinda put me off the idea..

Most Helpful Guy

• I met my wife on eHarmony.
    We were matched after I had been a member for 7 months. In June, we will have been happily married for 10 years.

That was my only online dating experience. It was a complete success.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tinder gets a bad rep but I've gone out with three guys from there and never had a bad experience yet. You definitely have to sift through a lot of bad to get to the good but I really like that it's based on looks first and then conversation immediately afterward. There's no questions of whether they are attracted too, and you know they're up for flirting so a lot of the pressure is gone.

What Guys Said 13

• I have used tinder, downloaded it last year. Chatted with a few girls but it never went anywhere so I put it aside. Until I picked it up again last week, got a match with a cute girl and we have been chatting for the past week now. But quite frankly I have no idea what to do - she doesn't seem like the type to go for flings and if I were honest, I wouldn't even want to.

• I tried it three times.. all I met were gay guys that used a female name to sign in.. some gays have no morals at all.. I am not gay and never will be.. but like any site on the internet.. very seldom is anyone honest.. they just think and know that they can be who ever they want to be and no one will ever catch on.. I learned my lesson.. never will I go on one again

• I have had dates and more from Tinder, OKC and POF.

Read some guides on how to write good profiles, post good pictures, and how to be safe meeting someone for the first time. You'll be fine and it's a great way to meet people.

You'll have horror stories from people you meet elsewhere too!

• I have. It was awkward.

• Yep and I've had no luck... pointless.

• It never worked for me :( :( Maybe the problem is me though.

• Never have, never will.

• Pof, met my wife after 3 dates

• nope

• I have tried it, never really hit off/connected that well though.

• Yes, and I haven't had success.

• No not really.

• A girl came to me once on facebook.
    We broke up because of the lack of trust

What Girls Said 3

• I did before. Met some creepy people off Tinder but some nice guys as well. Just talk for a while online before you actually meet them for real. It can turn out right you know ;)

• Yeah one time. I was loving him but he was in another city and we couldn't see each other always. Therefore it didn't work and we broke up

• Yes. I did give plenty of fish a go. I had a good date. Went out for a year or so, but didn't end well.