Guys, Are looks ALWAYS a factor?

If you were friends with an average looking girl who is overweight for many years, and really got to know her; loved her personality and who she was as a person, could you date her? Why or why not?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, they are always a factor. If there's no physical attraction at all then a romantic relationship probably won't work. If I really loved someone's personality, then they don' t have to be exceptionally attractive to me but there has to be at least some degree of attraction. If they're initially average looking it's possible that I might find them attractive if I really like them as a person, but it depends. Also, what constitutes "average looking" or "attractive" definitely varies by person.

What Guys Said 10

• of course

• All people are the same. When you first meet them, you want their respect and they wan yours. If you are obese, it is obvious to the other party that you do not respect yourself so why should they respect you. Stop waddling and start walking, you might find life a new and better package.

• Looks are always a factor, unless the girl is butt ugly or deformed, the guys can overlook it if they really like her.

• If you were friends with an average looking GUY who is overweight for many years, and really got to know HIM; loved HIM personality and who HE was as a person, could you date HIM? Why or why not?

If girls aren't willing to, why should guys?

• I think that personality is the most important. If I had a guy friend who was average looking and I fell in love with him because of who he is, looks would not matter to me; love is love. However, there are people that would give up love due to looks...

• Not if the guy is poor though.

• Not true in my opinion. I make great money and support a disabled husband who only makes $15,000/yr... money is not most important.

• Attraction is the combination of looks and personality. Without looks there's no initial interest and without personality there's no relationship.

• Yes. I do have preferences, but I can look past most if our personalities go well together.

One thing I can't get over is big bellies that spill over. I draw a hard limit there. No exceptions.

• Only in regards to relationship prospects. I have to actually be physically attracted to them. But I don't have silly expectations either.

• attraction is required, or it's just platonic friendship.

• No some guys are blind.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more