Thoughts on 18 year old girl dating 21 year old guy?

Guy just turned 21, girl will turn 19 in June

Most Helpful Guy

• Both adults, regular couple of you ask me.

Most Helpful Girl

• you just described half of everyone dating in college. It's fine. He's legal, she's legal, have fun.

• Duddee! Like, almost half the guys I go to school with are like 21-26+. I know people who date and are like 4-5 years apart.

• thanks for MHG

What Guys Said 14

• questions about how age difference in dating are seen, especially when the age difference is so tiny, and both parties are of legal age, are too common, and very pointless.
    1) it is an inconsequential age difference
    2) you're of legal age
    3) who the fuck cares? even if someone does look at you and think that 3 year gap is weird, why the hell does their opinion matter? friend, family, or complete stranger. fuck them. their opinion on a gay marginally older than a girl being together should mean nothing to that couple.

• Well if you're the younger one you take your age subtract 7 and then double it and the number you get is the oldest person you can date that is considered socially acceptable. Or do the opposite to know the youngest you can date (obviously this rule doesn't apply when your lowest age goes down into the minor ages.)

• I see no problem based on ages alone.
    At 18, dating a 21 year old is just fine.

• Well I think that's common.

• Nothing wrong with that.. you are both considered adults.. all the power to ya

• Girl should probably be out of high school before she dates a 21 year old.

• Sounds pretty regular.

• Seems normal...

• Perfect. Go with it.

• no issue therre

• that's fine.

• ? that's as normal as it gets. Girls like older guys right? 21 seems about perfect

• It will be nice. The guy is mature & you could have good chemistry between you.

• Being older does not equal maturity.

• Being older his thoughts will be mature & idesa will be mature too. He can understand the better enough.

• @ALittleBlondeGirl wow some people don't ever stop do they? Guess they have nothing better to do

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 20

• I don't see a problem with it at all. You're over 18 and that's all that matters. I'm about to turn 19 this summer too; and the guy I really like is about to turn 22 in a few weeks.

The only thing however is that he'll be much more mature than you are. Plus, if he were to go out for drinks, you wouldn't be able to go with him either..

• yeah that's fine.

• If you have to ask then it's not a good idea.

• healthy age gap

• It'll look odd from a life stage standpoint, but it's not really that bad. 2 years is a pretty manageable gap, especially when you're both through puberty and into early adulthood. Enjoy this relationship and trust me when i say when you're younger, two years seems like a lot, but once you hit your 20s, you'll realize it's nothing at all.

• It's legal so as long as the maturity level is there and both parties treat each other equal and are interested in a relationship then there really is no problem with it. As far as I can see. I am 19 and my boyfriend is 21.

• The age is fine, not much of a gap.
    It will come down to other factors if you're wondering if it will work out.

• I see no problem with it, both at least 18 or over, and it's a very small age gap. 3 years, seriously!

• Not a thing wrong with that age gap at all, probably place the girl on an even maturity level.

• There's nothing wrong with that.

• Nothing wrong with that age gap. I once dated a man who was 7 years older than me...
    Go for it ;)

Best wishes

• It's no big deal! Really just a small age gap!
    you got nothing to worry about.
    take care :)

• Nope, you both are grown. It happens a lot. There's nothing odd/ bad about it.

• Yea so? It's just a 2 year difference.

• I don't see a problem with it

• absolutely fine, go for it!

• I don't care

• What a really stupid question, omg, it pisses me off.
    Age doesn't matter in relation ship period and these two ages are virtually the same.

• Okayyyy. I am just a college student and have never liked someone a year older than me. Because this is the first time I have had classmates with very different ages and 2.5 years is a little weird because it's the first time it's ever happened. But good ahead make your generalization. Even if you are pissed off at someone else does not mean you take it on me. Good job adulting today.

• Aslong as you like the person , it doesn't matter. My partner is 25 and I'm 20 ..

1 private opinion(s)