How do I stop being insecure in my relationship?

I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 8 months now. I know that he loves me so much, there's not really a problem with that, but the thought of him thinking another girl is hot or whatever drives me insane, although I don't act on that.

One of my close friends is literally insanely beautiful, and I know he fancies her and obviously when you're in a relationship you can think other girls/boys are hot, I do, it's natural because it's not like you can only just look at each other and only find each other attractive, sort of inhuman.

I think that he finds her hot and I think it's because she's one of my close friends that it sort of gets to me abit. For example I wouldn't really care if he liked any other girls photo but if it was hers like it would get to me. I also keep having dreams about it.

I think basically what I'm saying is that I'm quite insecure when it comes to her because part of my head is telling me that she is so much better than me and my boyfriend would so much rather be with her than me, but the other part is telling me that I'm silly and that if he wanted to be with her he wouldn't be with me and that he loves me and thinks I'm beautiful

Because I think other guys are hot but no one would compare to him. How do I get over this, I can't talk to him about it because I know it could upset him, because it would upset me if he was thinking it.

Sorry for so much writing

What Guys Said 2

• I know exactly how you feel. It is a sickening feeling and I wouldn't like it either.

Just tell yourself though that he picked you, is with you and if he wanted the other person then he would have gone with her by now.

• how can i detect insecure girls like that so that i can avoid them... ?

• Was there any need for that comment lol, take your anonymous ass the f*** away

What Girls Said 1

• Did he ever try to hit on her in the past? If not, then I don't see why would that even bother you since you were his choice all along. He didn't make the choice to be with her. He made the choice to be with you.