Do guys not like me because I'm skinny?

I am a naturally thin girl but not unhealthy, I eat every chance I get yet have trouble gaining weight and keeping it on due to a fast metabolism and genes. I've never had a boyfriend and guys don't usually approach me. I decided to take it in my own hands after several years of loneliness and attempting to date girls because I was convinced guys were not attracted to me. The only two guys I ever mustered up the courage to ask out BOTH turned me down because I was "too skinny". It's not like I don't have meat on me, but I am slimmer than average and do not have wide hips or thick thighs, most of my fat seems to be in my chest and butt although there isn't soo much. I've been told I'm attractive many times, but why can't I ever get the guy? It's a very frustrating feeling to have guys make you feel like you're less of a woman or not worth getting to know because you don't have significant enough curves. I always feel like I have to hide myself, because if I don't both guys and girls make me feel ashamed of being skinny.

Most Helpful Guy

• While certainly there are guys who are mostly into curvy girls, TONS of guys like thin girls too. You may not appeal to EVERY guy (no girl does), but there's no shortage of guys who will like you.

in my opinion, if guys aren't asking you out, it's because you are putting out a vibe or displaying body language that says "I'm not interested, go away." If you aren't open, welcoming, and fun, guys aren't going to waste their time asking you out only to be rejected, so you need to take a look at your behavior. Ideally, if you could have a friend video you in a crowd, that would probably tell you everything you needed to know.

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt your weight has anything to do with it. There are probably other factors.
    As for the guys who turned you down because they claimed you were too skinny, they are huge assholes who are not worthy of your time and energy.

What Guys Said 3

• It could be other factors and not just bc you are skinny. Some girls can be intimidating or may not look approachable with poor body language. If a girl looks closed off or doesn't look like she wants to talk then guys won't approach. It could be as simple as a smile or good eye contact to make the guy feel more comfortable approaching you.

• Thanks ! I have been told I am intimidating.. maybe thats why. I'm usually crossing my arms and looking down. People stare at me a lot and I have social anxiety so it kinda freaks me out.. I used to always look people in the eye and I was really confident but I was in an abusive relationship and it changed the way I act around people, not sure how to get back to myself

• Yep crossing arms and looking down is very closed off. Try to have more open body language and have more confidence in yourself. The reason why people stare a lot might be bc you are attractive.

Just be positive and optimistic and im sure you can be back to your confident self.

• How skinny?

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Funny how people think this isn't a legitimate enough issue for you because you're slim and not fat. If you said it was because you were fat then people would be taking it a lot more seriously.