I'm looking for a serious relationship via online dating. What website do you guys use/recommend? And why?

I've had a Tinder account for a long time now, but all everyone seems to be looking for is hookups. I want to find someone that's serious and I don't know which dating sites are the best for this. I don't mind paying a little for a subscription! Please help me out.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• try out okcupid, its free.

• no matter where you go looking for guys, you'll always run into the hook up types, there is no website where you won't find them, so don't make avoiding them a priority. go for functionality and population of the website.

• That's a great way to put it. I'm doing research on online dating, that's why I asked the question, to see what the opinions of people are. Would you say that even though these hook up types are everywhere, there is a real amount of serious guys on these dating platforms too? Or would you say the chances of running in to someone that's looking for more than a hook up is very little?

• well I think there is a difference between the sites for how many hook ups you will find into vs not.

PoF is reputable for guys looking to hook up, so you may run into more on there frequently. OkC is like less reputable, I don't know why but I get the feel that its loaded with a bunch of "nice guys", for some reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe Plenty of Fish?

What Guys Said 3

• I've heard some people use eHarmony with success, but I think it's paid though... which has its advantages... people tend to be more serious I guess...

• Can I ask why you want to specifically do online dating?

• To be honest, I'm doing research for a project to see what the opinions on online dating really are. Do you have any experiences or tips?

• Well it's kind of easy to find hookups via Tinder, because many guys and girls use it only for that.

Maybe you can try Happn, I think people are more serious about dating and relations there. Got multiple dates out of it myself

What Girls Said 1

• I use Happn, do you know this? Mostly people use it for hook-ups yes. I do like it because you meet people who are nearby and it makes it easier to meet up or see each other again. Another website I know is parship, this costs more but people are really looking for a serious relationship (higher educated). Maybe this will help.