Is it weird for the girl to be older?

I'm talking to this girl who is 17 now and I am 16. I'll be 17 in a few weeks and she turns 18 in April. I'm not sure if I'm interested in dating her yet but is it weird if she was older than me? Also I've never had a girlfriend so I worry about the little things like this.

What Girls Said 1

• If she is interested, I doubt she will care about the age difference.

What Guys Said 1

• I have found that the older you get the less age matters. In high school I had a rule about not dating anyone out of my graduating class as the odds of staying together after someone graduated aren't good. I'll be 22 at the end of the month and my girlfriend turned 26 in December, there is 4.25 years between us and I couldn't care less. We make each other happy.

Moral of the story, do what makes you happy, just be prepared that your happy isn't necessarily their happy.

• We haven't been talking very long. But when we first started talking I said to her is it weird that your 17 and I'm not yet, and she said well bye then and got like upset cause she wanted to talk to me. So I really don't have intentions of dating her yet I just want to know about it since she seems like a really interesting girl.

• I date people based on their personality and relationship with myself I don't hold back because of age, race, or gender.