I tried and got this, should I move on or try again?

I liked this girl for about 6 months. Did whatever I could for her whenever, becuase I really did care about her and liked her. We became friends, mostly because she was intrested in other people, so I had to move on. However, she became really flirty in the coming weeks. Teasing, joking, touchy, staring, getting jealous when I talk to other girls, etc. She then started to constantly bring up prom to me, out of nowhere, talking about promposals and needing to find a date. We walked to classes, texted quite frequently, and eventually I thought I had enough signs to move forward out of the FZ. I know she wanted to see this movie really badly, so I asked via text (I had to text her asking her out, becuase I wouldn't see her all weekend). Didn't get a response, so tried again later, and she said Sorry idk! out atm trying not to use data. She still acts flirty with me, and so on, but I feel like that was a rejection, or should I take it face value and ask in person? Any ideas in overall situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would take that as a rejection if I were you. If she wanted to go with you, she would have said yes.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• at this point just leave it be, the balls in her court, if she doesn't get back to you then it's because she doesn't want too.

• She's enjoying the attention you're giving her, but she's messing you around. Forget about her and move on.