Sexual and verbal abuse? Dick boyfriend?

My friend and her boyfriend asked my boyfriend and I out on a double date. My boyfriend was hesitant because he hates her boyfriend and so do a lot of the guys on campus or in my boyfriend's friend group. Anyway, she'd been asking for a while so I asked my boyfriend to just go and try to make the best of it because she's a good friend and he agreed being the great boyfriend he is. So, while at dinner my friend's boyfriend proceeds to tell her to shut the fuck up in all seriousness because she mentioned that he is a very picker eater. After that awkward moment he starts bashing her. He said, and I quote "She is the fucking dumbest girl at this school, I don't even know how she got accepted here." "Dude I'd bang that girl over there." "Yeah she doesn't always agree to sex but I have my ways." "Shut the fuck up I'm talking" and finally "Stop being such a bitch" my friend looked very embarrassed and asked her boyfriend to apologize to which he said "I didn't do anything I have nothing to apologize for." After this awkward night I told my boyfriend that I was sorry I had us go and he was right about my friend's boyfriend. Now I'm concerned for my friend's safely and hate her boyfriend as well. What do you guys think of this boyfriend? And should I talk to her about this awkward dinner?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't say anything. Your friend is the kind that won't see what's wrong even once it hit her in the face and if you say something she'll accuse you of trying to break them up. She obviously needs to be hit a couple of times before she'll be ready to realize he's an asshole. You could ask her questions about how he treats her, but don't tell her to leave him. She has to realize that by herself.

• Thank you, I agree, it's just hard to watch that go on being her friend

Most Helpful Girl

• He was completely disrespectful to her. Gently talk to her about it. I'm sure she doesn't approve of his behavior either. The thing to remember is that it can be incredibly difficult for the abused to get out of an abusive relationship, even if they really, really want to. Be there for her and help her see the outside perspective.

What Guys Said 2

• Some people are attracted to assholes, you can spray as much air freshener at them as you like, they'll sprint towards the smell of shit! Forget it, she can make and learn from her own mistakes.

• He was being a dick and she should rid herself of him, but she is in a situation where I believe she feels powerless to do anything about it...

What Girls Said 0