Is the grass greener on the other side?

I was born and raised in Holland and i'm actually East African. My parents flew the country to come here, even tho i was born here, i cannot get used to the culture and the people still, the people are very ''cold'' here and its every man to himself. I have been basically depressed all my life because i dont like the language and i dont see myself living here and raising my kids. Racism is also too much here, i don't really like it. I'm in love with Britain and the British culture and i would literally love to live there, i have a few family members there but i would leave behind my sis bro and mother, but i have no one else here, so why stay? Or am i just being stupid and thinking the grass is greener on the otherside? I just LOVE the English language and the people seem so friendly there, and i know that racism is everywhere but im willing to tolerate there more then here... im already looking for internships over there. Should i? or will i come back? I just like Holland, i really don't... it's nothing special and the language is hard and i dont feel any passion to build a life here... im 23 now by the way

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• In my experience, us British people aren't actually that friendly and there is a hell of a lot of racism, so it's not really much better.

• hahah i know there is racism everywhere i just like the culture better

• What parts of the culture do you like? Because British culture varies hugely by which country you mean and then where you are in each country.

What Guys Said 2

• Well your there its best to just make the most of what you can rather than going backwards as it will just take even more effort. I always say use the cards your dealt to win the ones you need.

• Meh, try London.

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't like the place you've been raised in and if you think you lack passion to build a life there, then take a chance and leave. Worst thing that can happen is that you may end up returning.
    Anyway, good luck.