Is the grass greener on the other side?

I was born and raised in Holland and i'm actually East African. My parents flew the country to come here, even tho i was born here, i cannot get used to the culture and the people still, the people are very ''cold'' here and its every man to himself. I have been basically depressed all my life because i dont like the language and i dont see myself living here and raising my kids. Racism is also too much here, i don't really like it. I'm in love with Britain and the British culture and i would literally love to live there, i have a few family members there but i would leave behind my sis bro and mother, but i have no one else here, so why stay? Or am i just being stupid and thinking the grass is greener on the otherside? I just LOVE the English language and the people seem so friendly there, and i know that racism is everywhere but im willing to tolerate there more then here... im already looking for internships over there. Should i? or will i come back? I just like Holland, i really don't... it's nothing special and the language is hard and i dont feel any passion to build a life here... im 23 now by the way

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• In my experience, us British people aren't actually that friendly and there is a hell of a lot of racism, so it's not really much better.

0|0
    0|0
    • hahah i know there is racism everywhere i just like the culture better

• What parts of the culture do you like? Because British culture varies hugely by which country you mean and then where you are in each country.

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Well your there its best to just make the most of what you can rather than going backwards as it will just take even more effort. I always say use the cards your dealt to win the ones you need.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh, try London.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't like the place you've been raised in and if you think you lack passion to build a life there, then take a chance and leave. Worst thing that can happen is that you may end up returning.
    Anyway, good luck.

0|0
    0|0