Should I lie about my ethnicity?

I am Indian, and Indians are the least desired (especially among Latinas and Asians and White girls). No Indian girls are in my city. Should I just lie and say I'm Mexican?

• Yes
  • No
I exaggerated when I said no Indians. Just that most of them are recent immigrants studying in the local College, and they still speak Hindi, so I can't understand or fit in with them

Most Helpful Girl

• OK, I'll start with the positive, because I am one of those sickeningly smiley people:
    I do like the fact that -- of all the peoples of planet earth -- you chose *my* people (well, half of me anyway) as the pinnacle of awesomeness to which you wish to aspire.
    Cool! #AztlanRepresent

__

OK, now for some real talk.

Dude, every lie has an expiration date. You wanna put a sell-by date on EVERY friendship or relationship you build on this new identity of yours? Well, you go right ahead, then, skippy.
    Just don't say I didn't warn you, when you get close to someone and then that shit gets pulled out from under ya.

Also, dude, if yr city has NO Indians, then there is hardly gna be a prejudice against y'all.
    Hate isn't really a thing, until there's a critical mass -- basically, enough of you to hate in the first place. #truestory

Finally... uh... do you even speak passable Spanish?

• See the update

• The paragraph about "every lie has an expiration date" still stands, and that's the most important paragraph by far.

This kind of lie could be forgivable **IF** you had a real, solid reason behind it.
      For instance, **IF** that culture, and/or yr family, has done you gravely wrong or seriously held you back in some way -- and so you just want to ditch that whole part of yr heritage, altogether, wholesale, and start afresh -- **THEN** plenty of people would understand that, even if/when the truth comes to light.
      I mean, **IF** you came from a history like that, I'd think you'd be crazy NOT to reinvent yr past.

... but, you don't have any reason that's even halfway legitimate. The best you can muster is "[Hypothetical] girls won't like me, boo hoo". REALLY DUDE?

Tell ya what: Admit to yr parents that you want to lie about their very heritage and existence, bc you think you'll get laid that way.
      Go 'head, say it to them.
      If you can do THAT, at least I'll sorta respect this.

• Tx for the MH luv. <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Just remember... one lie usually results in at least three other lies to compensate for the original lie.

• Please explain what do you mean?

• Lies tend to have a snowball effect... telling one is never that easy.

• Thanks for MHGuy... be proud of your Indian heritage man :)

What Girls Said 8

• If you have to ask, it tends to mean no. What would be the purpose of this lie? To deceive the women you are interested in into thinking you are something that you are not. Do you want to be with someone who is only with you because of a lie you told? Clearly it wouldn't be there fault, but your own. Be proud of who you are and look for people who want to be with you... the REAL you, not some fake version of you.

• I'm Latina and some Indian guys can be a pain in the ass, but I do have many Indian friends on Facebook and here on gag too.

be yourself, nothing attracts more than that

• No, because people will find out and lose all trust for you.

• ikr?
      "Every lie has an expiration date" is just about the greatest quote ever. Cannot resist the chance to drop it in, wherever, whenever.

• Nothing to gain from lying but making you a dishonest man.

• Actually, I don't think you could fool that many people even if you tried, as Indians usually have a very give away image, but I could be wrong.

• Be proud of who you are

• No, you shouldn't, is not like u can lie forever, people will find out at some point.
    any kind of relationship is based on honesty, so I think this is a terrible idea

• No do not lie, be proud of your ethnicity. Latino people have contributed nothing to the Western world. Indians are smart people who have contributed brilliant ideas to society.

What Guys Said 11

• Im a racist country it would be justified to hide your ethnicity. But many countries pretend they're not racist.

• such a bad idea in the works lol

• Hello I am Kumar Patel rajashamatgederwagdjftjcshjdbhdhhal from guadalara, mexico.

• If it helps you score, by all means. Good luck.

• Definitely!

• It's never cool to be a catfish - on-line or in real life.

Best of luck to you, mate!

• Be a power ranger.

• All depends upon your looks & personality mate!!! Your lie won't last for long..! Why lie about your ethnicity? Its quite stupid I guess!!!

• Why can't you be a proud Indian like me...

• No, don't do that

• when you apply for work put other or N/A