I found out my boyfriend has a Tinder. What should I do?

A little background info: We've been dating for a little over a year. He's nine years older than me, but that has never affected our relationship. Our relationship was serious, or so I thought. Moving in together, marriage, and starting a family were topics we talked about frequently, which is why this situation came as a huge shock to me.

My boyfriend and I got into a fight about two weeks ago. It lasted a couple days and we were on the verge of breaking up, but we ended up working it out. Today he asked me to look up an email on his phone for him because he had his hands full, and while looking for it, I came across a "Welcome" e-mail from Tinder on the date we first started talking about breaking up while arguing. I confronted him with it, and at first he lied to me and told me he didn't know what it was about. After questioning him some more, he finally told the truth and said that he did make an account that day, and he didn't know why he did it. Despite this, he told me there were several women on there he wanted to "match with." He also said he didn't intend on cheating on me, which I think is a complete lie. He told me his only reason for doing it was because he was angry and he wanted to see "what else was out there." On top of this, this isn't the first time he's used a dating app while we were fighting. At the end of January, we were talking about breaking up again and I found out he was on Hinge, another dating app. I don't know what to think anymore. At this point, it seems like he's super eager to start seeing other people. We're broken up at the moment and he's been constantly apologizing and saying how much he regrets what he did. He's also deleted his Tinder account. Should we break it off for good or should I give him another chance? Any advice would be appreciated.

What Guys Said 1

• This time I'm gonna side with him. He's a lot older than you and both sexes once they get into their thirties and get out of a relationship that's lasted awhile or if there's trouble in the relationship they want to find out if they're still attractive to the opposite sex. It doesn't mean they'll act on it it's just a way to help their egos which take a blow after a fight. He was being truthful but didn't explain it very well

What Girls Said 1

• Your boyfriend is a complete asshole and I don't understand why you're still willing to give him a chance. You should break it off for good. He's using you.