Guys, do you say things you don't mean if your ego is hurt?

Do men say things they don't mean to a girl they like if they've said hurtful things/rejected/hurt them?

Told him he'll never have me after he chased me occasionally for years. He then said i'm nothing to him.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't. But I think most of guys would

Most Helpful Girl

• Some do, like with anyone really. They lash out in anger, and sometimes they regret it. Others don't (regret it).

I've had mostly pleasant interactions on this site for instance. Even if it's a disagreement, it didn't escalate. But there have been a few guys that lash out and say some pretty terrible things if their ego gets bruised. Like, if I politely decline them, they said some nasty things.

What Guys Said 4

• Wait, you told him he'll never have you, he counters with you mean nothing to him, now you want to mean something to him?

• As friends. I tried to apologise for saying it but hr said I mean nothing to him... I'm crying

• Sorry.. I meant her saying he'll never have her*

• Yes, some guys will mean it literally, you are either their girlfriend or they don't want to know you. It's because they have feelings for you so strong they can't sit back as your friend and watch you date other guys.

• no i love myself more then loves it's self so would i gave a rats fart what anyone thinks of me

• I never say things I don't mean, I only say things I wouldn't normally say.

• I do this too. After I feel disrespected I'm not gonna worry about hurting that persons feelings. But I won't be rude just to be rude.

• Lets see, does hurt people sometimes lash out? Yep.

Men very rarely throw stuff at you though, or destroy your car or anything. Be happy about that.

And what do you care if you're nothing to a guy you kept rejecting? Can't see why that would bother you at all.

• I valued him as a friend but he'd only talk yo flirt or try to date me. He went cold when I told him I was into an older guy and wanted to be mates. He stopped contacting me first and I missed talking to him so told him so but he ignored it so I got pissed and sent him a text telling him he was only interested in sleeping with me, guess what... my body is amazing but he'll never have me... now he's said you mean nothing to me. So upset

• Honestly you were pretty distasteful about that, meaning no offense if you felt confident he was into you and your rejection was the reason he was absent then rubbing it in his face is well, distasteful - Not to mention insulting if he wanted to do anything more than just shag you.

You may or may not mean anything to him but I think it is a fair bet that he's out of your life now. Men don't really like to sit around when we're not the first pick.
      Actually, I don't think women like that one either.

• He kept me on his facebook after sending it. I've blocked him on fb and from contacting my phone because it would bd unhealthy. Every time we've tried to talk as friends we clash. Friends say he said it to hurt me back after me saying he'll never have me. His ego is huge.

What Girls Said 1

• This is so with all people regardless of gender, we all get caught up in the moment and say things without thinking.