Would a female with a PhD in physics/chemistry or any other physical science be too intimidating to date? If so, why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope all the gals I've been with have been power women so to speak, first one is a gourmet professional chef other one is a riflemen and a combat medic in the US army, both are great gals, with interesting jobs and fields, you are no different, just a different field. Besides there is more then one kind of smarts you got book smart and then you have street smarts.

Besides the plus of being with an intelligent woman assuming she is humble and not arrogant is that you can have enticing and mentally stimulating conversations you can learn about her field and what she does and she can do the same with you, you both win and both expand your library/mental capacity of knowledge.

Most Helpful Girl

• That is a silly question. :) Be proud of your PhD. Every man wants a woman he can be proud of. Any guy who would be intimidated by you or try to limit you in any way is not worth your time; don't sell yourself short. The right guy will adore you, your career, your intellect, ALL OF YOU. He will love you to pieces just as you are. Good luck!

What Guys Said 39

• i don't have faith in today's degrees. Just because you have some piece of paper doesn't mean squat to me. I have met people with more degrees than i have fingers that can't do anything by themselves.
    Book smart is one thing... Street smart is where its at.
    So no, she would not intimidate me at all... i'd be rather intrigued, battle of the intellects.

• Not to me. I may lack the formal advanced education, but I'm pretty smart and I self-educate constantly. I find intelligence attractive and interesting, not intimidating. I could learn things from a girl like that, and I like to learn.

• My God, I would LUV that! I have a BS in physics and love smart women. My best bud has a PhD in Physics and his wife also has a PhD in Chemistry, I believe.
    I often have fantasies which involve female scientists...

• No, but I find Biology more interesting. Genetics, Molecular and Cellular, Biomedical Science, Biotechnology, Medical Doctor, etc. are far more interesting than Physics. Chemistry is interesting, I'd say Biochemistry, Organic, Natural Products Chemistry, etc. is more interesting than something like Analytical Chemistry... If you're an analytical chemist and like baking beakers in the oven for 24 hours so that you can get a accurate mass then god help you. I don't think I could talk to someone who did that for a living.

• it all depends on what her personality is really like. if she doesn't mind sometimes putting thing in Layamon terms or taking the time to explain something i might not totally understand sometimes then the answer would be yes i would date / marry someone a lot smarter than i am. i actually see it as a turn on. but first i would have to be single. sorry all ready married.

• Oh no quite the opposite especially if the have a degree in meteorology, astrophysics or psychology. These women are so enthusiastic and passionate about what they know. That makes for some really awesome conversation.

• Absolutely NOT! So much love and respect for a woman who is that intelligent.

• My son's ex wife has a ph. dr. in maths and science. ( they got it together)

• Just don't be manly

• Hell no. I WOULD LOVE a woman like that... if she would accept a guy with a Bachelor's in Information Technology and hopefully a master's too...

• I wouldn't mind one bit. Though I would be self conscious about it somewhat. I'm a college dropout, so I'd be worried she'd see me as being inferior or stupid.

• hey mabye we could make a hypothesis together and produce some biochemistary results ;) :P

but really nah i study something realted to those kinds of feilds but more sports and fitness based in theme rather than the hard scinces, I could lightley related to some topics of the same general intrest

• No, because I automatically assume that anyone I meet is less intelligent than me. But, if you're majoring in physics, I'd assume you're either my equal or very close.

• Maybe. It depends on the guy. Although, I'd like to think a guy would be okay with dating someone like that.

• No it wouldn't intimidate me. I like smart females. I never mind asking about stuff I don't know about.

• not at all

as an intellect, 99 percent of women I've dated were of arts background.

we have better convos I feel but things might get boring fast

intimidation maybe not so much knowing there are many types intelligences out there

• Only if she doesn't seem interested at all.

• Nope

• Women with advanced degrees generally have to beat men off with a stick.

• Definitely not, I like smart girls. Stupid is one of my few deal breakers

• well if she´s into me, she can´t be all that clever after all :D

• She would be my type brainy chicks are attractive

• No, I've dated more girls with postgrad degrees than girls without.

• No I think that's cool she has a great work ethic and certain intelligence but not intimidating where I couldn't date her.

She however might not see a future dating me since I have no college degree.

• No, I'm working towards the same thing, it'd be fun.

• I'm fine by that. I'll be an M. D. if all goes according to plan.

• No, not at all

• My old girlfriend (we are taking a break) wants to be a neuroscientist so yeah I'd be cool

• That would be very attractive.

• don't see any reason why

• Of course not, that doesn't matter to me at all

• More from Guys
    9

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't think so.

• My boyfriend would probably leave me for you. It's his dream to be a physicist.