If bars are not an ideal place to meet women for relationships, then why do men continue to hit on women at bars?

If certain men are only meeting women for one night stands, then by all means. But bars don't really seem to be a great place to quality women to spend time with long-term. First, women's guard are pretty high up. They are pickier on what type of guy is hitting on them. Second, their confidence skyrocketed due to their sexy outfits at bars. All the male admirers sure have some help on that as well. Thus, they are much more difficult to approach. Third, bars tend to be very loud. They are definitely not an effective setting to have a meaningful conversation. I am sure there are more disadvantages with meeting women at bars.

Despite all the odds at meeting quality women at bars, why is society still advising to meet women there? I have friends who are trying to take me to bars to find a girlfriend, even though I don't drink because I can't handle alcohol. Lame, I know.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... because not all men are looking for women to start relationships with. Also, it's not like you have zero chance of meeting such a girl at a bar. No place will offer you a 100% success rate of meeting a 'wholesome' girl there so... the more places you look, the more the odds will be swayed in your favour.

Most Helpful Guy

• They probably want you to go to the bar with them to give them company or because they were influenced to believe bars are the best place to meet women from cultural influence. I agree with your reasons why bars aren't a good place to meet women. I'd also say the girls there tend to be more into partying and casual sex too. I would personally not look for a girl at a bar.

What Girls Said 3

• Those disadvantages you mention really depend on the bar, day of the week and time of day. There are plenty of low-key bars which are more suited for conversation, and people can meet in basically any place. I agree a bar doesn't sound great for you though, because you don't drink and you'd be likely to meet someone who likes to go out and drink.

• Because alcohol = loss of inhibitions.

• Because it works for some people.

What Guys Said 5

• It's where to go if you want to get laid. Dont forget women want sex too.

Difference lies in the odds. Women have a much higher and easier time landing a lay then men.

This only works out because men have a heroic amount of hope when it comes to getting laid.

• sex, duh?

• I was talking about finding a girlfriend at a bar. Not sure why so many guys still try to find one at a bar.

• Yes, if they are looking one night stands. Bars would be a pretty good option.

• Lol... you answered your own question.

What is this!

• There are men who hit on women in bars, then there are men who are happy in life.

Which do you want to be? :)

• To take someone home for the night...