Broke up with Friends with Benefits, now he's asking me out... Does he just want me back in his bed?

I met met a guy on one of the dating apps, and we basically began a casual 'Netflix and Chill' situation, that we both agreed to. He would only call me about once a week when he wanted to 'hang out'. These hang outs consisted of us hanging out in his room for a couple hours, talking, chilling, vibing, and then having sex. I would sleep over and we'd cuddle and have sex a few more times until I left the next day.

This has been ongoing for two months now. But over the course of the situation I've expressed to him that I'd like him to call and/or text me more just to talk because he only calls the night he wants to hang out and hook up. I also told him I'd like to spend time together outside his place on dates. So far the only thing resembling a date we've ever had was one night out at the bar a few weeks ago. And when we're at his place, he doesn't do considerate things like ask me if I'm hungry or if I'd like a shower.

So this Sunday I broke it off with him. Because I'm tired of the situation. I have feelings for him and I told him that, and how I wanted more than what he was giving me. The gist of his response was that he cares about me and likes me but that he doesn't want a relationship with me because he feels like there may be other options out there. And he said he's still about the chase and didn't feel the need to chase me. I told him we could still be cool but that I didn't think we should see each other anymore.

So the next night he texted me, asking if I want to go to the movies with him... What gives? He's never taken me out before, so why now? He'd always say little things like, "I wanted to see if you want to go to the movies soon" or "we can go out when I have more money because it's pretty tight right now"... But yet he always had money to spend on weed (he smokes multiple times a day).

So, why is he actually asking me out now that it's over? Is it because he doesn't want to lose me as

What Guys Said 1

• from what im getting is you've been friends with benefits with him and i think he wants that to continue but you want a relationship, so he has no other girl in his life. or maybe he has feelings for you and he's just confused or scared to a commitment.

• But asking me to a movie just one day after it's over? That feels like some sort of knee jerk reaction to me. And there was no context, nothing about how he realized he's wrong or anything. It feels like he just wants to keep me happy until he meets someone he thinks is better.

What Girls Said 1

• He's clearly scared of losing the opportunity to have sex with you.

• But why? It seems pretty easy for him to find another girl on the apps. So he should do that and explore his options and leave me alone. Like, why text me the very next day? He couldn't even give me a day to process.