Anyone else find it weird that good relationships come from being good friends first?

To me that just sounds like it wouldn't work. I've had friends who dated friends and they always said it seemed abit weird. That the sex wasn't 100% with them compared to girls that they werent "friends" with but had mutual understandings. Im a crazy for agreeing with this? Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's not weird to me. I tend to not get a crush on strangers, but friends I hang out with or interact with more. I get to really know him in a non sexual way, I feel comfortable and then I get to know how he really is. If he's a good guy, I'll see it while we're friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not that weird actually. From observation, I noticed that when you approach a girl with the intention of "making her my girlfriend" in mind, you tend to not be that appealing to her because you get scared of saying the wrong thing, try to anticipate her responses and what your reply is going to be... etc. But if you approach her as just a friend, you tend to be a lot more relaxed and not care much about your image which in her end would make her more comfortable. That's just my personal observation though, it's not a fact..

What Girls Said 1

• No, there is nothing weird with that.

What Guys Said 1

• Males and females can't be "friends."