Are you a 'try before you buy' person?

I mean this in the context of dating and sex.

Like, do you prefer to see how someone is in the sack before properly commiting to them?

• Yes. I like to make sure that we are sexually compatible.
  • No. Sex is not a deal breaker/maker. We can work on it.
  • Other...
Interesting how basically all guys are...

Most Helpful Guy

• Personal and worldview compatibility, as well as her individual life dependability / reliability, are what I look at first. Sex is something that will always be awkward on first application, and will always require practice to improve. So it's low on the priorities list. However, if you can't trust her to meet you up much of anywhere without her flaking out constantly, or forgetting important things all the time, then no amount of sex will ever make up for that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all. Sex is not the base/main pillar of a marriage, communication is! And when there is good communication and strong feelings, I believe there would be good sex so I don't need to "try before I buy" I would rather find a man with whom I can communicate and with I share strong feelings and respect.

What Guys Said 22

• I voted B for me personally sex is not that if at all important in a relationship as there are far more important things, marriage yes it's quite important but at that point I still don't need to try her first as she is a person not an object.

And at that point you should be where you can communicate well with each other and work together to make sex good if it's not that great or make it even better if it's good and besides sex is something you can improve on, it's about communication and practice ;) besides when I get to that point with a women it's because I love her and all of the other things about her, that brought me to that moment, not sex itself.

• No other men have voted "No" yet? That's quite surprising given how many people act pure in other questions. Must be because polls are anonymous.

I think sex is a pretty important part of a relationship, but that's something that can be worked on. And I definitely don't think that it should come before dating, dating should be first, sex next. I do still think the lack of sex would be a legitimate reason for a breakup though, a couple should have common interests for a good relationship. Sex before dating is fine if it happens, but it shouldn't be a person's goal to have sex first before deciding whether to date or not.

• Yes. Have sex. Have a child. See if everything is compatible and if you have time left before you die, try to marry.

Sexual compatibility :P A penis and a vagina are sexually compatible. But yeah, when the world is moving towards incompatible things, you need to think about these things :P

• Sexual incompatibility is on of the highest causes of relationship breakdown. People may site other reasons but it's usually lack of sex or certain sexual acts that leave them feeling frustrated and unsatisfied even unloved or desired.
    I find it very tough to understand how people believe they can have a fairy tale wedding. With the thought that it will all be perfect. It's why so many religions have a woman must honour and obey there men and some men take this to mean sexually too.
    Great sex is a journey for two people to go on together. Open minded and not judging the others desires and lusts. Sexual pleasure is unique to every individual male or female. The greatest satisfaction comes from giving that pleasure to your lover no matter what it is. Making someone else's sexual dreams and fantasies come true is so amazing and all it does is perpetuates the desire to to return the pleasure in an ever up ward spiral of ecstasy.

• It's all part of the process of getting to know someone... What are you expecting anyway? Do you think if a man says he's only seeing you and you're his girlfriend, that he can't just leave on the spot at the snap of his fingers after having sex? Whatever barriers you establish, some dude will overcome if he just wants to hit it and quit it... If you have all sorts of barriers it's likely a relationship will not develop organically, so you'll likely drive away those people that actually want to be with you.

• No, I don't see sex as that.

• 0|0
  • Why do people see sex as some kind of disgusting necessity in a relationship. It's the whole thing almost. The feelings are just supplementary

• Hmm I don't know about that. Sex doesn't make up for a whole relationship.

• Cmon your getting ahead of yourself you've never met me. But yeah getting physical. You don't think I bet he's got a great personality. You can tell by his eyes how honest he is. He'd be great marriage material. You think well, you know what you think and if sex isn't so important then why is it the one thing a woman holds back to keep her virtue. It the ultimate prize in aw relationship, the most intimate thing people can do. It creates new life. Of course its the most important thing

• Yeah you do have a point there sir :)

• uhhh... yea... sexual cheating is like the most popular thing... so yea, id like to try... also one of the many reasons why i said i would NEVER marry a virgin... not until i "try" as you put it.
    I can date one... but it ends there.

• Well, we both have penises and vaginas gor a reason. They're made to fit each other so we are all made compatible for each other.

• that was sarcasm? sure as hell looked like a jab...

• Take it whatever way you please to be honest... :)

• dont always have to be

• Yes.

Most girls have sent nudes and had sex with guys they werent even committed to so I definitely want to hold off on becoming too invested until I'm sure we are compatible.

• Saying sex is not a deal breaker is just shoveling the problem forward until it's too late and it blows in your face (pun intended).

• I refuse to be part of the problem that is STDs.

• Other, a guy can literally make the sex great by his self.

• We can work on it... to a point. But I voted A).

• Yeah, compatibility is important.

• No sex no relationship.

• That's a bit too far...

• We agree to disagree on this. So be it.

• Cool storef.

• Yes of course.

There's a really expensive return policy after you've gotten snared into a marriage... so I much, much, much prefer to try before I buy

• Here's the thing: Commit how?
    I assume you mean as a couple however the phrasing does make it seem like you mean more.

Marriage? Absolutely not. Not going to marry a girl I haven't been intimate with.

Boyfriend girlfriend and waiting a while kind of thing? Absolutely. I expect that and if she tries to rush it too much I'll be the one stopping her.

• No, for me it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't reject a girl just because the sex isn't insane. If I'm in love, I love the person not the sex.

• My tool is always compatible to any girls

• Sexually compatible my ass

• Well, I have faith in that. I think you can tell when someone's going to be sexually compatible with you.

• I mean everything fits properly I guess?

What Girls Said 6

• nope. i don't need that. check out this poll though, shows where guys' priorities lie.

• I don't wait till marriage before sex but I do wait to get to know a guy. If at that point, the sex is awkward I may give it another one or two times but if it's no less awkward, I take it as a sign, we're better as friends.

• The way i see sexuality compatibility is that, if the dick fits in her tunnel, and they can surprise each other constantly... That's a bonus

• I feel like if your sexually attracted to me and Im to you. And your willing to be comfortable in sex , how would sex not be amazing? Sex is different with each person you have sex with , each time its a learning experience. So, it wouldn't make a difference to me.

• No I'm not but a lot of men are and I find it disgusting

• No, Not for me!