Do you think my boyfriend would be mad if I cheat on him if he always cheats on me?

I am 17 and I go to Duke University. My boyfriend plays basketball for the Blue Devils. He cheats on me with A LOT of girls, but he always buys me stuff and takes me places when he does. There's this guy who I like and I wanna experience him. Do you think my boyfriend will get mad if I sleep with him? I'm scared to ask him, because he might break up with me.

• Yes, he will be mad
  • He will be okay with it

Most Helpful Guy

• What are you? dull in the head? he CHEATS on you!! and you know it and are worried he would be mad?
    look at it this way, he is having his fun, have yours... or
    if you are afraid to lose him because of all the "perks"... still have your fun.
    you obviously don't like him cheating... but you won't leave because of the other perks you get from him...(victim's dilemma) .. thats why i say... Do what you want... and if he finds out... let him know he started it, so he can't complain...

• hahahah thanks for MH, i thought i wouldn't get it because of the "dull in the head" thing... i was just being honest... :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Men think they can cheat and it's fine. But my GOD, if you want to see a man get pissed and dump you quicker than anything, then you cheat on him. It doesn't matter if he cheats on YOU constantly, he will dump you.

With that said, why are you monogamous with him? Fuck THAT! You are young, go date around. You can do what he does and not tell him about it. Why would you even tell him about it unless you want to start a fight or get dumped? No, do not ask him about it unless you want to get dumped. If he's using you as a part time girlfriend and you want to use him as a part time boyfriend, just do it. Don't be his loyal girlfriend while he runs around on you. Respect yourself!!! Id honestly say end it completely but you have perks that you like I guess.

• I'm just worried that it'll get back to him. People here know everything, about everyone.

• You're young, you're new to college, cut him off and move on.

• ummm... we CAN cheat... and its fine... but you are right... cheating eventually leads to dumping if its constant. and it seems like this one is constant thats why i told her (like you did) to do her thing.

What Guys Said 40

• You need to leave him and not look back if he keeps cheating on you and no it is not fine for you to cheat back because that would make you are hypocrite.

• How would that make me a hypocrite?

• If you complain and moan about him cheating on you and then go and cheat on him it would make you a hypocrite. That is the meaning of a hypocrite.

• He's a cheater, and you're a gold digger. And now you wanna be a cheater too... why don't you just leave him? -_-

How can you be 17 and go to Duke University?

• What do you mean how can I be 17 and go to Duke?

• Exactly what the question says? Since you're 17 in 2016, shouldn't you be entering college after summer?

• Lol. I turn 18 in a few weeks. I also went to VOC and took senior classes my sophomore year, so I got a head start.

• So you're only with your boyfriend now because you love the fact that he buys you things after he cheats on you. That's pretty shallow.. I'd feel bad for any guy ignorant enough to wish the he was your boyfriend. You're boyfriend does not love you, and why he buys you things, I don't know. He maybe one of those"must be in a relationship types", and you're the only one he's sure will tolerate his crap as long as he buys you things. Your relationship with him is unhealthy. To respond to your question: Cheating on your boyfriend will make you just as dirty as he is. Despite him cheating on you frequently, he'll still probably get mad.

I apologize for coming off a bit harsh, but your situation is disgusting and devoid of love. I think you're both being a bit selfish.

• What? No, you shouldn't cheat on him. I mean I can understand that your boyfriend cheats on you but then you should not do the same thing to him, then there will be no difference between you and him, right?

I mean let your class be higher than him. Hence you need to make up your mind and just break up with him. cheating is an unforgivable act and should never be forgiven.

Hence logically speaking you should immediately break up with your boyfriend. Yes I can understand you want to experience things with the other guy and you also like him, but then there is no need to cheat.

Break up, be single again and then you can do whatever you want to do.

• If he cheats on you then why don't you break up with him? He is an asshole for cheating but you cheating on him just makes you as bad as him. Either break up with him or don't but don't cheat unless you want that to be what your known for? Because its goig to damage your reputation not his.

• He'd probably be mad and at least hurt. He's justified himself experimenting with other girls while with you. If you want to stay with him and experiment I think you're justified to do that. He may want to break up with you obviously. You wanting to sleep with another guy may diminish his feelings. If I were you I would be with other guys if you want. I think you wanting to try sex with another guy may actually be a sign you've lost some feelings of closeness for him. If he did break up with you, I bet you'll find a guy that will be satisfied with just you eventually.

• he'll probably be pissed. but even worse is if he isn't angry.

needless to say you shouldn't be in a relationship with a guy because he buys you things and takes you places...

• I'm going to give you some valuable life advice: don't have any expectations of fidelity or a future with a D-1 college athlete who plays a major sport. Dirtiest dicked guys on campus, 9 times out of 10.

• Yes he would, and he would be right to do that even tho he cheated on you.. two wrongs do not make a right in this case.. what you should do in my opinion is get rid of the cheater.. and find some guy that only has eyes for you.. when a guy cheats once he will always cheat more.. as some guys always want more.. it tells me he has no feelings for you.. but he does know he can sweet talk you into what he wants.. it is all about him
    hope all works out for you down the road

• if you've already come this far there's no convincing you lol.

• Normally I hate gold diggers, but if he cheats on you, burn his wallet as much as possible. That's basically the best revenge to get. Hit him where it hurts

I'm sure he'd be mad, so don't tell him

If he doesn't care about you, and you don't care about him, why not?

However, it depends on why you're staying with him. If you're just using him for an atm at this point for revenge, it's fine. If you're somehow holding out hope that he'll stop cheating and focus on you, you're delusional as hell

• I'm not a gold digger 😒 He buys me stuff, because he wants to. I don't ask him to.

• But you're with him, despite his cheating, because of it. So gold digger

• why are you with him?

• Because, I like him and he buys me jewelry and takes me places. I think he really does like me, but he's just curious

• You just said you weren't a gold digger to another member
      now your admitting it? You have to be a troll.

• He buys you jewelry? A college basketball player at one of the premier NCAA basketball programs in the country can afford jewelry? Brb, breaking the scoop to ESPN on the latest "pay for play" scandal in the NCAA. In future news: Duke disqualified from NCAA tournament.
      #BracketBuster

• This is just the stupidest question... why would you stoop to his level, dump his as and be the bigger person?

• I think it's more important for you to find a new boyfriend and stop being a patsy for that guy to play around with.

• Sounds like a great relationship :)

• He obviously doesn't respect you so who cares?

Or

You obvioualy don't respect yourself so who cares?

So do it lol "experience him"

• If you're so desperately trying to be petty, then WHY ARE YOU EVEN DATING HIM?

• do you know how pathetic you sound? smh. no wonder why he doesn't respect you; must be because you don't respect yourself.

• Yeah cheaters don't like when they get cheated on oh the irony lol.

• I've seen some fucked up shit here, I'll put this question somewhere on the top there.

• Ummm yea... you need to chill lol. Drop the asshole and get with other dude if you do want to go that route, That's you bringing yourself down to his level. Stay classy and be better than that, by the way worry more about that degree and becoming independant and removing the drama for right now.

• poor trolling attempt

• Dump him you troll

• I suppose he might. But he's a hypocrite if he does, because he cheats on you.

• Who cares if a cheater gets mad? Make him nuke his brains out for all you care!

• I don't even know where to start

• dump him asap.

• Leave him for the other guy and tell him the new guy is better in bed that will tweak his ego!

• Why don't you just break up with him instead?

• Dump him go for the other guy.

• More from Guys
    10

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 41

• "What is Good for the gander, is Good for the Goose" here, dear, and if you should decide to 'Sleep with him,' silence is the Golden egg and don't whisper a word. He never gave a rat's behind when he jumped in the sack of feed with Those in Need, so why even bother To.. Holler?
    I am sorry to say, for it seems you are not even aware of it, your honey bunny is putting your so-called "Relationship" in an "open Relationship" where he is having Fun with Everyone under the Sun and doesn't care that you Know it and that he is and Will... Show it.
    My advice to you being you are an Enabler for him to Continue this Full Circle Problem Pattern, sit him down, have a Pet serious talk with him, and Tell him that you think that being he is Out and About with every Jane the Same that you will Also... Do the same.
    This relationship is Not healthy, it is One sided and you are getting the Short end of his Dick and Dip stick.
    Good luck. xx

• Why are you with this guy? Sounds like you are pretty materialistic if you just let that shit slide because he takes you out and buys you things.. I would be considering this more of an open relationship if you let it continue but if it is hurting you then why the hell stay with him and let him do that to you? You're 17, if I could go back to 17 and be single and forget about my stupid cheating boyfriend I would! I didn't know he cheated on me but when I found out I left! Best feeling ever. The freedom is amazing.

• The better question is... why are you still with him?

• It's complicated. I really do like him and he says that he REALLY does love me. He's just young and wants to experiment but he plans to marry me.

• Uh... it's NOT complicated. That is a fuckboy who will screw you over in the end. He just wants to keep you around for constant sex in case he strikes out at the bar.

• Um... If he continuously cheats on you then why the hell are you still with him? Dump him and then date other guys. Don't cheat. That's just stupid.

• Instead of asking if it is OK to cheat on him, you should be breaking up with him!!
    And even, how do you know he cheats? Does he blatantly tell you in your face? or just get's caught by people you know?
    Why would you put up with an asshole like that, only because he "buys you stuff" ?
    Come on girl, have some self respect please

• Are you only staying with him because he buys you stuff and takes you out? I'm sure he hasn't asked you for permission to be with those other girls. I honestly wouldn't want to be with someone who is like that anyways. You're relationship is a mess. You have tendencies to experiment with a guy (who isn't your boyfriend), and your boyfriend is cheating on you with girls..

• Honestly that would be extremely immature on ur behalf and he is a dick why would u stay with him and u know he fucks around on u? Respect urself and leave him. He does it cause he knows u will take him back-_-Y'all just wasting time. Idgaf if a MF bought me an exotic pet jaguar from Dubai with a pink bow on it's ass... I'd rather be alone than unhappy. You deserve better. you're Beyonce baby... not Michelle don't settle for this kind of treatment.

• Basically what I'm trying to say is... he could suck the๐Ÿ˜ฑ soulllll out of my ๐Ÿˆ but if he wants to play Don Juan/Casanova he can kick rock's! He's suppose to give u head NOT headaches's๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm 24 almost 25 which is almost 30 in girl yes... I ain't got time to play game's. Conversation ain't strong enough and d**k ain't long enough with my generation.. I need a MF so in love he'll drink my bath water when I'm done lolol๐Ÿ˜‚ ur 18 u got time.. not like the rest of us we see cat's in our future's. Namaste and good luck #VulcanSalute

• What the hell is wrong with you why do you think that's ok? To be in a relationship like that? Didn't anyone teach you better. You think this is healthy. He doesn't love you if he does this all the time and you are dumb for knowing he does it so much and thinking it's ok you need to leave him!

• Yeah he'll be mad but go for it. He deserves it, and you deserve whatever happens as a consequence for being idiotic enough to stay with someone who is bound to give you an STD at one point or another.

• End it with the cheating baller you dont need that crap inyour life and go ask the guy you actually like if he wants to give it a go with you

• He will be mad, but may I ask why are you still with him? Are you okay with him cheating? If so, maybe an open relationship is the right way to go for you. If he wants to cheat that badly he should allow you to do the same.

He'll still be mad if you do it behind his back though.

• He would be furious because some how some men like to cheat but dont find it okay if they get the same in return. My advice tho, dont do it, it won't change a thing and two wrongs dont make a right

• Seems like your only staying with him because you buys you a lot of things.

Yes cheaters still get mad when they find out. So either you give up the free stuff and dump him or don't cheat and keep getting free stuff.

• You're actually a single girl trying to play a game of cat and mouse. I thought someone should let you know.

• What does that mean? I've heard the phrase, but never really uunderstood it.

• Your guy friend is having a lot of fun and you're doing nothing because you believe you're in a relationship.

• You can always talk to him about it if you want to know for sure.

• Facepalm... Why are you still together? Smh

• I wouldn't worry about it. Do what you want. He obviously doesn't care about you.

There isn't a woman on the planet, including you my dear, who couldn't do better than your boyfriend.

• If he constantly cheats on you why are you even dating him?

• Why don't you just leave him and go out with that other guy? What do you care about him if he cheats on you all the time? You kids are so messed up

• Why the fuck are you with him? To say it straightforward: You're stupid.

If you like this other guy, leave that "boyfriend" of yours and be with him.

Otherwise you're just as stupid as he is.

• And your at duke university... Hmm

• If a man cheats on me I would leave him because I'm better then that and deserve a true man who won't cheat on me and if he is cheating on you u need to get tested for diseases and find a man who would treat u right and would never cheat on u they are out there

• Break up with him stop playing games

• Dump his ass, he's trash and he don't deserve you honey!

• I am sorry. Why are you two together?

• He will get mad but fuck that. He's cheating on U so just go for it and don't tell him

• You shouldn't be together

• he'll be mad but he shouldn't be lol he deserves it

• I dont understand the point of your relationship

• Why are you with him?

• More from Girls
    11