Why my date was acting like a jerk all the time?

I went out with this guy last night. He is not very good looking but my friend introduced me to him and said that he was nice.
During all the date he was talking about himself, about his car, about his house at the beach and a lot of other things. Ten it was worse because he began offering me trips in "his new car" and even told me that he can find me a job.

I don't understand. does he really thought that he could buy me or something like that?

*then

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems like he's used to "gold diggers" and assumes you are one so he is trying to impress you with materialistic crap. he's empty and boring and would probably leave you for the next girl that seems impressed with his "materials".
    probably has low self esteem and hides behind wealth... i mean if thats your thing... kudos...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. He's insecure and thought the best way to get your attraction was to talk about/show you his success. For me, that's an instant turn off, regardless of how attractive he is.

What Guys Said 3

• Some guys feel they have to impress a girl that they like... sometime it can be overdone!

If you are pretty then he probably stepped outside his typical self and thought he had to bring his A-game when you would have preferred him more natural.

It is unfortunate for him, but maybe he will learn his lesson, when you don't go out again.

• Trying to impress, if he were truly interested, he would be asking you questions and want to know more about you, other than him talking this and that about material things, and wealth. My God I'm sure you were bored out of your mind😕

• I think he is proud of that "new car". allright let him love his car maybe he will marry it soon

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like he was trying to impress you, but he forgot his manners and instead of asking about you at any point in the conversation he just carried on talking about himself.