Is it normal for guys to be inatentive in a relationship for a few days?

I haven't been in a relationship in a while. I recently started dating this guy things were going really well. He asked me to be his girlfriend right after a few dates. He told me he has not been in a relationship for three years because he was waiting for someone to be worth it to come along. I've been noticing over the past two weeks that some days he seems a bit less affectionate and less caring than others. I don't think it's anything I did. I don't know if that's normal for guys to have days like that in a realtionship. My last one was a while ago and I was with a super romantic guy. Am I worrying for nothing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone has ups and downs. My girlfriend has seen me at my best and at my worst. Some days we can sit and talk for hours and others we sit and watch Downton Abby for hours with very little words spoken.

If he seems to generally enjoy spending his time with you I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say it's pretty normal.
    Everyone will experience varying levels of how openly affectionate they are with their s/o. He could be not feeling too well, or have his mind focused more on work/school related things. If he's stressed, that will also affect how much he acts on his interest in you and such.

Don't take it personally. There'll probably be many ups and downs like that from both of you throughout the relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• We all have our days. As long as he is acting suspicious and looks forward to spending time with you, you have nothing to stress about.

• Ever considered just talking to him about it on a objective level aka without trying to make him feel guilty, etc?

What Girls Said 1

• If they are into the girl? No, that is not normal.