When are you supposed to tell the guy that you don't want to have sex before marriage?

Especially if you're using online dating websites to meet people. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing you post in your profile.

Most Helpful Guy

• Profile for sure. Things that could be instant dealbreakers should be presented up front as much as possible.

This will protect you as much as it will protect the guys. A guy who has a couple of successful dates with you, and starts thinking you are really great, and then finds that out and it's a dealbreaker... they're going to be pissed.

And it will work in the reverse. You go on a few dates with a guy. Think he's really great. Start getting a big crush going on. And then you tell him, and he leaves. And then you feel like shit.

Weed that out first. Save him the annoyance. Save yourself the potential disappointment. Just be up front. Those that are down with it will still ask you out. Those that are not will be able to steer clear and avoid the inevitable let-down.

Most Helpful Girl

• definitely not in your profile!!! After they take you out on few dates and you guys hit it off. Tell him as succinctly as possible that he won't be getting any unless he puts a ring on it.

What Guys Said 5

• I've seen some profiles with that in them. But yeah I would tell them as soon as possible. Like when you feel the time is right depending on how the relationship is progressing. Not necessarily the first date but don't leave it too long either. If it were me I'd want to know this like right away because I think sex before marriage is important so we wouldn't be a match that way. But if you told me right away then I can decide if I'm ok with that or if we need to end things before we get into the relationship too far and feelings get hurt.

• It is exactly the kind of thing you'd put in your profile along with wants to (or never wants to) have children.

• You tell him you don't want sex before marriage. That's what my girlfriend said. I would have married her too, but she dumped me. *sigh*

• When do I tell him? That was the question.

• As soon as things get close and it seems like he wants to make the move to take things to the next level. However, since this could be a relationship-terminating issue for him, the sooner this comes out, the better so no one's time is wasted.

• This is what happened to me. I have an ex-GF who turned 48 today. When I began dating her, she was 22.5 and she was gorgeous. I knew that I was lucky to even have her. At that age with her looks and our attending a sausagefest nerd college, I assumed she was not a virgin. Anyway, I loved this girl and was happy just to make out. Early, I was about to put the tip in, and she said No, so I stopped, but that was OK - we were knew. Right away, though, she was pretty much living with me. We'd make out but never take it to intercourse. Eventually, I came to realize the truth and I asked if she was a virgin. She nodded yes. I was 5 years older than her so I took it as giving her support and told her it's ok and when she's ready, then fine. I wasn't pushing it. After awhile, though, I was hoping "ready" was going to be coming. That's when she said she didn't want to do it until marriage. I already knew I wanted to marry her before that, so I was fine with it thinking I'd be her hubby anyway.

• Thats the exact thing you should have in your profile.

There are guys looking for that trait, and there are guys who would be annoyed if you saved that tibit of info for the third date

• In your profile!

What Girls Said 0