You ever wish you were in an arranged marriage?

You ever wish that you were in an arranged marriage? Just so you have someone in your life that will hopefully love you one day? I'm not saying to make it law or anything. Just to have the option for it at least.

• Yes, I wish I could have an arranged marriage.
  • No thanks. I like looking for myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• Arrange marriage isn't bad and I don't understand how people don't want to marry that way. I mean you can still fall in love and marry that person with arrange marriage. People see it as a force but if my family finds a girl for me I would sit and talk with her about marriage seriously. If I find a girl I'll talk to her parents seriously so but ways its the same things but some people don't want to take responsibility and just fool around with whoever they "love". Then they make the excuse of not wanting arrange

For me I will definetly arrange family relationships with the girl I like and rather than fooling around I would want to know her family, let her know my family and most important of all let the families know each other so that they can see that our relationship is serious and we respect them in helping us build this relationship into a marriage.

• Thanks for the mho.

• The other mho.

But it looks like girls now days don't respect a man either. Most want to sleep around as well.

• Oh lol I thought it was a guy and yea as a society were becoming corrupt. Let them live in their corruptness when we have peaceful and happy families they will see what they did was wrong, well if there smart enough to question themselves.

Most Helpful Girl

• Arranged marriage is different to forced marriage and not many people get that. I had the choice of arranged marriage, but although all the guys chosen were definitely great on paper and a good decision for future stability etc... I didn't click with any, some i became friends with that's it. If i had clicked with one, I would have accepted it.
    In a good arranged marriage, not forced marriage, you will have time to get to know each other before committing the rest of your life and having kids, so the romance and feelings will be there.

• Exactly, thank you. You and one other person understands that.

What Guys Said 12

• I think arranged marriages are a better plan than what we have here in the west.

Pros
    -extreme introverts are not potentially left alone for life, or without thinking they will find a suitor
    -the lifestyle and compatibility of the two people are better assessed than non-arranged marriages where the entire relationship is simply based on imbalanced neurones in the brain
    -the parents like each other, no problem with in laws
    -no games

Cons
    -we don't have all the romance in the beginning, but potentially better, longer lasting relationships in the longer term.

• Looking myself has not ended well in the past. With my therapist's help, it may end well in the future. However, arranged marriage is always a good thing in my opinion. Having someone in your life is simply magnificent.

• Ugh hell no I like making my own choices in things that determine the rest of my life

• Yes and no. I mean, I wouldn't ask for one, but if arranged marriages were normal, is be fine with it.

• I like.. Not looking at all xD

• No. I'm very stubborn and independent so I hate when people try to make decisions for me

• Wowwwww

• That sounds beyond horrible

• Sometimes, yes. It'd be much easier that way. But there's the chance that she might be ugly. I hate to say such a shallow thing, but I'm kinda shallow I guess.

• Depends. I wouldn't trust my parents to pick an acceptable match. They'd probably F is up badly.

• Not against arranged marriage but I prefer to marry the girl I already like. It's better that way.

Reasons why I don't want to go with an arranged marriage:

- From where I come, people don't get enough time to get to know each other before marriage.
    - If they give time and if girl-guy don't really start liking each other before marriage and if one of them calls it off; it leaves bitterness behind for families, society and you know 'saving face'.
    - Those who say that arranged marriages have less divorce rate are seeing a delusional truth. Just take a glance at their marriage life... don't look at perspective of society and family; look at their relationship as a husband and a wife. I guarantee you that in ridiculously high percentage of cases you will be left stunned by their relationship.
    - Probability of adjusting just fine with her is very high but actually falling in love and enjoying it is very low.
    - If somehow marriage fails then people will blame each other. Both person will be blamed, then someone will blame their parent, then someone will blame middlemen and that will go on randomly. That's nasty.
    - My parents misunderstands some parts of my personality and I don't think they'll choose someone right for me.
    - I don't live for society or family (extended... the one I see once every 1-2 years).
    - And... finally... I've an utterly unattractive personality for starters. People love me after they spend time with me. Which won't happen in my case.

As I said I'm not against arranged marriages, I've seen some of most amazing couples who are married like that. I'd agree if:
    - They give me time to know the girl for at least a year. Which is still less but I'm ready to make this compromise because of parents pressure.
    - Girl shouldn't be a religious nut. Preferably an atheist but religious is also fine... but not a nutjob whacko.

Even if I have to stay single for entire life, I will but not without these conditions. I'm not ready to gamble or to be hopeful that someone will love me someday.

• It sounds interesting and there's zero chance you would be alone forever

What Girls Said 9

• Sometimes. I trust that my parents would be able to choose a dependable partner for me. However, I usually only think that when I've just been catastrophically dumped. Most of the time I'm content to do my own looking (and content if I end up alone because that means I never have to share food).

• I'm not against it for the people WHO WANT IT for themselves, but I don't want one. No way, I couldn't do it.

• No, It took me 20 years to get my boyfriend, I understand what waiting is like. But even though no, I would not want to have to marry someone.

• NO, not my thing. I'd choose my own partner.

• Nope. No one decides who I am going to spend my life with but me and that person. I would rather be alone all my life than enter into an arranged marriage.

• Never. I'd rather be single than be in an arranged marriage.

• No thank you 😂 I don't think such arrangement would ever work for me 😕

• at some points yes that would be awesome but they would have to be like matched not by the parents

• No, I want to choose my partner. I already live in a culture where arranged marriages are popular and they aren't based on love but they are based on cultural preferences most of them last but few of them turn out to be disaster.