GUYS! Would you date a single mom?

I think there are many good reasons to date a single mom. They have no time for games! A good woman takes relationships very seriously. They are not willing to introduce pretenders to their child/children.

She is strong and independent!!! Being a single mom is not easy.

And no I'm not a single mom but I know a lot of amazing women who constantly get overlooked by guys for having kids!!!

• I would be open to dating a single mom.
  • no way in hell!!!
  • I'm a woman. let me see the results!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you also have to take into account, especially if they're young mothers, that having a kid with no father could also translate to them sleeping around and getting pregnant or something.

What Guys Said 26

• She takes relationships seriously? What happened to the first one? I am not against it but I would rather know all the facts first because obviously she was not taking her previous relationship seriously or she would still be in it. Not to say their are not other reasons, their are but I would have to know more. Also if she talks poorly of the guy she broke up with that would also give me pause, a lot of single mothers do this. If he was so bad why did you let him knock you up? Thats usually the first thought that comes to my head. So it depends.

• At my age? Hell no. I'm too young to have to deal with that. Plus, if I'm even considering dating a single mom, that would be a teen mom... no, I'm never dating a teen mom, or a woman that was a teen mom.

When I'm older, I'm established in this country, have a job, my own place, and everything running smoothly, I wouldn't say no, though I'm not gonna be the kid's dad while we're dating. I will become is step-dad when we're really serious, but I don't wanna be that guy who's used as a babysitter, and then doesn't get any attention from the girl.

• Not to be rude but you will have a hard time finding a guy when you are a single mom. It's the kid that is causing the problem. The kid reminds the guy of your previous lover and males tend to be aggressive towards other males.

Men can be really weird. They will date a widow, a married woman and even a married woman with a child but are reluctant to approach single moms. They don't like the idea of having to take care of someone else's kid.

• No, I wouldn't.
    Maybe my mindset could change as I get older but even then I don't see it happening.

• hell to the fucking naw. there are way too many hot chicks without being tied down to kids to have to possibly be second fiddle to someone else's kid

• *there are way too many hot chicks without kids for me to have to deal with a woman being tied down to kids and probably playing second fiddle to someone else's kid.

wow, i'm tired

• yeah i would

• At my age it isn't realistic to expect to date a woman with no children.

Whereas I don't think it's a deal breaker for a woman to be a single mother, it's a red flag. I would inquire further about why she is a single mother.

• Red flag how? Maybe the woman raised her standards after having children, or maybe the guy was a deadbeat and left her, how do u see a single mother as a red flag

• Thus it's only possible to make a father who doesn't love the child support it financially and not emotionally. Sad, but true, I'm afraid.

For these reasons, I think a woman who knowingly brings a child into a situation where the child cannot be financially supported (and sometimes she knows very well the father can't support the child with much) or the child is unloved by a parent has made a poor decision.

• There's no way on God's Green Earth that I'd date a single mother. First, I don't play second best to another man's seed, no way. Second, although equally as important, I don't tolerate exes of any stripe. Baby daddy has been MIA the miraculously reappears when
      Mommie has a new man in her life wanting to be Uber Dad, nooooo ! Third I've seen exes
      who were crazy motherfuckers and I've had to kick their asses. You can't be spontaneous
      because it's all about that little bastard kid. They are a millstone around your neck. Finally, single mothers are damaged goods. Why drive a used car when the lot is full of new models? Finally, any man who says he can love another man's kids as his own is lying through his teeth. To me it's just not worth the compromise and effort required.

• You're trying to get your Mom a date, aren't you...

• I don't know. I'm on the fence about this. For certain reasons, it makes sense not to. But for others, it would be good.

• They have no time for games! = they will have no time for you

If she's so strong and independent, why would she need a man? I'd be perfectly ok with not being a step-father.

• Hell no. I don't want some other dude's kid!

• Not at 18 no. But then again it depends on the girl!

• HELL NO

• Fuk no

• yes but preferably later in life...

• I personally wouldn't. I don't want to be involved with someone else's kids.

• At this age, hell no. Maybe later in life.

• If the father was out of the picture. Like dead.

• Absolutely. I love kids, I would have no problem with it.

• honestly, i wouldn't have much to sacrifice.

• i hate kids

• Women can date single moms too.

• not really... lol.

• Pigs will fly when I start even thinking about dating a single mom

• Sadly ni.

• To be honest, not really. I don't need a woman in my life who is so "strong and independent" that she doesn't need me in her life.

I want someone who actually wants to be with me and compliment me, as I compliment her.

What Girls Said 3

• Minus having to take on the baggage of a small human... sure, dating a single mom is a good idea. The whole Insta-dad thing is a major drag though.

• Most men woundn't!!!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more