Why can't I pick the good guy?

So I've been single for a while. I wanna say im a seriel dater. I know that sounds bad but I like to meet people and ask questions. I never let them pay for the date or we go somwhere where money is not a issue. I've kissed one guy (not snogged) but it was awkward but i dont kiss anyone. Anyway long story short. I meet this guy off the internet. Very shy, lovely guy tho. he's not my type atall but I still talk to him because i feel like he needs some fire in his life because he's so quiet and shy. Im thinking is he the one for me. Because the type i like dont work out. by the way.. This good guy I've spoke to him for 7months and he told me he fell off a 50FT bridge because he was drunk. I then find out he tried to commit suicide. not sayin it changes things but I'm afraid if we get together n it doesn't work out he would do this again

ok maybe not the good guy but the guy that really likes me !

Most Helpful Guy

• Try a good guy for once. We live in a fallin and corrupted world where the things that are good are called bad and the things that are bad are called good thats why both men and women admire negative traits in each other.. bad boys are no good and until u learn this truly u will suffer much pain and heartache at their hands all because u wanted the cool guy lol give buddy a chance or let em off easily if ur worried he may try and kill himself someday.. little girls want bad boys, big girls want a real man (good guy).

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't know his story or what made him do that so let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Why not take things slow and see where it goes? If you're not attracted to him much, things probably won't go far. Maybe be friends for now? Then you can support him and help him grow but you're not commiting to anything just yet.

What Guys Said 8

• go with your gut

• Without knowing what pushed him to the point of that bridge it's almost impossible to say how the future would be should things not work in a relationship

• You sound like the girl who's always out to try and fix someone. Look up dysfunctional relationship types.

• thank very intresting

• How many guys have you been with (sexually)? Sorry for the personal question.

• 7 i wish this was private

• Stay away. Someone suicidal like that has way bigger issues that you don't want to get anywhere near. If they're that insecure with themselves, then they're in no place to get involved with someone else in a relationship.

You should be with someone who makes you happy, not because you feel like you're doing a "favor" for the other person.

• this was ten yer ago he done this. and he said he beat depression
      i know i think i'm being very naive about the situation.
      when he told me this i message bk was 'why did u lie and i don't want you trying to kill yourself if i dont text bk and things like that' and his reply he beat depression and he goes on holidays and he works and his lifes in a different place !

• There is what we call attraction in relationship, there must be something keeping the bond, so if that thing is missing then the relationship will fall off.

• cause you are an idiot

question what is a good guy?

• lol thanks for that
      no i usually like to be the caring one in the relationship. give good advice. there when you need me.
      this guy that i consider the good guy cares about me a lot wants to know how im feeling checks on me before i get to do it on him

• I was going to go with giving the guy a shot until I read he was suicidal, he could have mental issues, you should proceed with caution

• well you did say he's not my type as well as a seriel dater there afraid to be comitted so im guessing you arn't? but to pick a good guy first is not to pick someone that suicide and stuff, as in someone that willing to love you as well, because whats the point of 1 way relationship, it never really goes well, and it seems like it is a 1 way love relationship.

• sorry he's not the good guy he's the guy that really likes me. I feel like I've boosted his life with just talking to him. im pretty much a plain jane but he would call me beautiful and i love that.
      i do message him from time to time sayin that i feel like im using u to build myself up and he's like im not using him i just want to talk to someone that will listen which is true

• well sometimes if you are able to change him then maybe go for it but dont got too much into it if it takes all your energy since it might not be beneficial for both parties.

What Girls Said 1

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more