For casual sex women are pickier, while men often lower their standards.
For relationships men are generally picker about looks and sexual history but otherwise aren't too demanding. Just attractive, not promiscuous, fun to hang out with, trustworthy and not dramatic.
For relationships women are more forgiving on looks than they are for casual sex but they have higher standards for wealth and personality. I also feel like there's more of an expectation for the guy to be confident, assertive, tough but not too tough, romantic, lead conversations, initiate, and for him to keep things exciting.
Women obviously, like really. There is not even any contest. Have you seen how picky they are? Literally only about 20% of the male population AT MOST actually receives female attention whereas rejection is the standard for the remaining 80% of us. For every 1 "Yes" that a guy receives, he probably received about 5 "No's" prior. And there you have it ladies--you wonder why men's magazines tend to be so Machiavellian when it comes to dating and utilitarian in their approach toward women. It is because rejection is the norm for most men, and so the fairytale idea of waiting for "the one" is really impossible. A guy won't get a girl UNLESS he takes such an approach in order to increase his odds at all costs.
Frankly Christianity and its introduction of monogamy to the West is really the only reason why most males get to reproduce. If it weren't for that, then only the wealthiest few males--businessmen, corporate types, celebrities etc.--would monopolize nearly the entire female population, leaving the rest of the male population sexless and unable to pass on our genes which happens in the animal kingdom all of the time. And yet now feminists and LGBTs want to destroy conventional standards--it is only a time before monogamy also goes--and this is precisely what is going to happen.
Women by a long shot. Men are expected to approach, to ask her out, , to open the door, to pull the chair, to pay for the date, to provide for transportation, to lick her feet and eat her shit and etc.
Women demand more. I'm not surprise given how they tend to be the submissive ones in the relationships. Usually a guy just wants a kind beautiful woman, while women tend to demand a whole list of things.
That being said, I demand quite a lot from women. I'm a picky son of a bitch xD
I think girls expect us to have less expectations, so they end up trying to hook us the wrong way. Then they come to places like this and cry blood murder about how things didn't work out because he only wanted me for my body/sex... It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
I would say women because many of them feel entitled to have their meals paid for just because they have a vagina. They also tend to want things to be 500% romantic. Although when they want that, I think their expectations are beyond my comprehension.
They both are because, There are the girls with High Expectations, and there are guys with higher expectation, and members of every other gender have high expectation, there are more then just men and women by the way
Definitely women by far. I don't care much at all where I go on a date. Going to a buffet would actually be fine with me. But women expect some place with a nice atmosphere, they want the guy to dress up and act in a certain way.
Women want a real man who can put them in their place (make them submissive) while remaining respectful of their boundaries and make them feel flawless despite their odd habits and traits.
Men want a woman who MAKES THEM FEEL LIKE a real man, makes them feel irresistible, woman cums easily over him and basically makes him know he is the alpha of all humankind because really everyone is in their own way.
Lol men because all I hear online and in real life men say, she has to be a certain age, she can not be too old or too young, she has to have a certain hair color, she has to have a certain type of body, she has to be a virgin