Is height truly an issue with a taller girl and a shorter guy?

I've been interested in this boy for a while, he's a year younger but goes to my same school, and I just found out that are feelings are mutual. I'm a little over 5'6 and he's 5'4 (Japanese, Italian, and German). In my younger years I've liked guys who were around his height but now that I'm of the age of kissing and all that stuff, do guys find it harder to do that with taller girls? I guess it's never reallly been a big deal to me but I hate making people feel insecure and I'm scared that I might do that to him. Are there any ways to go around the 2 inch height thing to still feel comfortable? And is 2 inches really that much of a big deal to others? Thank you to anyone who answers this! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well odds are he's going to grow that much and be your height or taller since most boys grow until about 19-20. Go for it. The feelings are mutual which means he can look past it. Don't feel bad. He'll only feel bad if he thinks you think less of him for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband is about 2.5" shorter than me. I am an inveterate shoe whore, so, in actual praxis, he's more like 8" shorter than me most of the time.
    And... it matters not even a tiny fraction of a shadow of a shit. Next to mah man, I feel like a teeny tiny little bitty little girl.

Together 16 years, married just under 15, and I can't remember anyone so much as casting a derogatory glance in our direction, much less actually daring to say anything aloud.

What Guys Said 15

• I don't think it's an issue. Most guys of all sizes like most women even if they are taller than them.

• if you two like each other thats all that shoulder matter, right?

• Chick I used to go out with year back was like 6sh lol and she used to wear these hot stilletos or something like that, I am 6'3 but she was little taller than me with heels on lol I never had issue with that. I only found her long legs hot lol Tall chicks are hot so. So no I personally won't have issue with it because I can even make Godzilla look small with my Greek god built OP

• It's only an issue if either of you find a it an issue, but objectively there is no reason to.

• No. This is a bigger deal for women than it is for men, so if it's not a thing for you then go for it.

• I'm 5 foot 4 and had girlfriends almost a foot taller than me (though I prefer then short like me).
    This is still very much a thing though. I met a woman on tinder and we were texting, getting along amazingly while we were waiting for the weekend when we could meet up. Then she found out my height and completely lost interest even though she still said I seemed amazing. That was after two weeks of us texting and talking on the phone.

• Nah. I've been with chicks taller than me. Only issue is during sex she gotta bend more.

• No only girls create that rule of course we don't want a girl like 7 ft tall lol.

• Short guys usually prefer girls shorter than them , so maybe he isn't looking at you that way.

• It's only an issue if you let it become one.

• Truly is.

• Of course not. I know lot of couples where woman is much more taller than man.

• If a girl really loves me , then no problem of her height even if she was a feet taller than me

• I mean of course at some point he will ask you but it is mostly because we've grown to expect that girls will never ever under no circumstances be with a guy who is not taller than her.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think so. I mean if he cares enough that be the less of his worries!

• You are soo sweet! Friends will joke, but when a guy want a taller girl he knows what could probably happen. 2 inches, thats nothing to worry about.

• It's usually more uncomfortable for the girl than the guy

• İ dont know what is inches. could you say like 150cm,170cm?

• I know a girl that looks like a model and is 5'10" and her boyfriend is 5'5". They've been together for years and are super happy. I don't think your height difference will really effect anything.