Are there any men out there that still know how to treat a woman right?

Most Helpful Guy

• I identify as a dominant, and so naturally I tend to date submissive women. Many people might see this as completely one-sided - that she does everything for me and that I take advantage of her. But the girls I date would never say that - THEY feel taken care of and enjoy being able to return the favor.

I open doors, seat them at the table, walk on the outside of them, and make them feel respected and protected, especially in public.

Obviously not all women want this, and that's fine too, but lots of women DO want a more traditional, "man in charge" relationship with traditional manners and division of labor.

• Now thats what im talking about!! Thats what i mean when I say how to treat a woman. Men are suppose to be the dominant one in the relationship (not to the extent where he is ordering me around) but thats how it should be and society has become so focused on making eveything about sexism that they forget how a man should treat a woman. smh but I appreciate you for that!

• Thats what I call enlightenment! And I use to be one of those females who were like I feel like we should be able to do all things guys do til i learnt why it is important that we have these "gender roles" for lack of a better phrase

• There's a difference in being CAPABLE of doing something, or having the RIGHT to do something, and being WELL-SUITED to do that thing. Most men are well-suited to traditionally masculine roles, and most women are well-suited to traditionally feminine roles - and those people tend to be happiest when they are in those roles.

That doesn't mean that the people who AREN'T well-suited shouldn't be allowed to do something else - I'm very "live and let live" - but women shouldn't be made to feel bad about wanting more traditional roles, or wanting their men to be in traditional male roles. Real feminism is about CHOICE, and that has to allow the CHOICE of traditional roles for those who want that.

Most Helpful Girl

• They are getting very rare, but it's proportional to the amount of girls who are worthy of it. Regardless , good people still exist even in our modern corrupted world, you just have to look deeper and most importantly know how to present yourself in a way to attract that specific type of men.

What Guys Said 43

• How can we know how to treat a woman right when women don't agree with how they want to be treated? Treating a woman right often gets viewed as the man being sexist, desperate, or deceitful in our society. Often when I try to do something nice for a woman it blows up in my face. I hold open a door and I am called sexist. I get a girl flowers just to show I care I get accused of cheating. I offer to do one a favor, and might get accused of thinking I should be entitled to something in return. Offer to buy a girl a drink, and a guy could be accused of trying to get her drunk.

What you consider being treated right, will not match up to what other women think is being treated right. If we do change our behavior to pleas one woman, the next woman might take issue with it and want us to be the way were were before. This has created massive confusion on how guys should treat women, and also making a lot of guys jaded when it comes to treating women a certain way.

Besides treating a woman right doesn't help a guy get or keep a girlfriend. That is why there are so many frustrated nice guys. If being treated right was what women really cared about, then they would stop dating and having sex with guys that didn't treat them right. With all the opportunities for treating a woman right to blow up in a guys face, and for it to have no real advantage for him, it is much easier to just be selfish and ignore her desires, by allowing himself to become jaded.

There is also a problem of a lot of "traditional" women that want guys to hold open doors and such, are often the same girls that don't know how to act like ladies at all. They see a man doing things for a woman as being subservient on his part, and show no appreciation at all. From her viewpoint it is the job of the man to kiss her ass the whole date, in order to treat her right.

After a while you end up with guys that have certain traits.
    1. Guys that don't know how to treat you right, because they were taught to treat girls differently than you prefer.
    2. Guys that would like to treat you the way you want to be treated, but have been burned by it so many times in the past they won't dare risk treating you that way anymore.
    3. Guys that have just given up and no longer care about trying to treat women a certain way.
    4. Guys that have become so bitter they actually treat women like crap.

• I think the real question is are their women who still know how to treat a man right. Basicly a man is the product of his interactions with women. To be perfectly blunt we currenlty do not treat men very well in society, this in turn makes them less inclined to be the traditional gentlemen since they are constantly being demonized (he's sexist for doing this, a dead beat for that, he didn't pay for the first date so he is an cheap asshole, he tried to pay for the date so obviously he is sexist etc). So this discourages a man from being a gentlemen and pushes him to simply look out for himself. For example at just how bad it is, on here their was a question by a woman basicly praising men, saying how great they where. Both men and women believed it was a guy, and the men where apprehensive, not really believing that a woman could truly say that about men. www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1929846-why-are-men-so-freaking-awesome
    Now don't get me wrong I am not accusing you of anything, I am merely pointing out the enviroment that men are subjected to regularly. It causes resentment and a disconect from women. Each woman has a different opinion of what a gentlmen is and if the guy doesn't follow this idea he is a bastard, problem being the rules are so completely different for each woman that guys have no idea what to do (even holding a door open for a woman is seen as sexist) so it puts a lot of guys in a deer in headlights situation where they have no idea what the right move is what the right thing to say and eventually this causes them to essentially snap and not care. Women want an aggressive guy the bad boy so a lot of guys do that because its just easier then finding the girl who doesn't want that but whants a guy for who he is. The other issue is women have stopped being nurturing and loving towards men, men need women as an emotional outlet so when women are not nuturing towards them it causes a lot of issues and resentment (I explained better in the link I gave you) so this again makes them jaded and angry which unfortunatley since its a societal phenomenon, it affects every woman even the ones who do not partake in it, unfortunatley since it makes them jaded and function much the same way thus spurring on the problem even more. So I would ask first, what do you think it means to treat a woman right? How do you treat men? What men do you go for? Where do you look for them?

• hum lol i love my boy friend he's a sweet heart i never really went for bad boys and wen u say loving and nurturing would this qualifie as doing so i tell my boyfriend how much i love him and wen he is sick i all ways call and make sure he is ok and do what i can to make him feel better wen he is sad

• Sorry, the new update and notification system is very crappy (hopefully it will be rectified soon).

• oops sorry i stop now

• Of course there are but like all good things they are few and far between. So it will take some finding.
    Good luck with your searching 😆

• It all depends on where your looking and what you want out of a guy. Everyone has a different idea of what being treated right entails. Is your idea of being treated right hanging out smoking a blunt with your dude and him telling his pot head buddies “that’s my chick, she rocks” or is your idea a nice restaurant with him opening doors for you and him having a glass of wine over dinner. It’s a pretty broad question you asked. Either way I’m going to assume you want a guy that is going to respect you and make you feel special.

• Exactly a man who is gonna be respectful. Doesn't use hard language. Is a gentleman and knows how women should be treated.

• Yep, there are still plenty of us.

• Nope, there aren't. All men are confused nowadays about how to really treat a woman. There's just no right way :]

• We're still around.

• Not swear in front of her, hold a door, pull back her chair to be seated, respect her opinions etc. If course there is

• Yes, there are men out there who know how to treat a woman right. However you also need to define what is the right treatment for women (according to you)

• I feel like knowing what it means to treat a woman right, is a universal think. Everyone should know what in entails. Being treated with respect basically...

• Agreed, there are some basic points which are unchangeable, even I know what they are but if you have something specific in mind regarding the right treatment for women, then that I can't say for sure if a man would know that.

• How wonderfully vague. But I know where you're going. And no, fuck that shit. Your arms aren't broken. I'll hold a door open for you if I'm going through it, too, but pull your own damn chair out -- you're not a child. And get a job. Stop wearing high-heels -- they're bad for your skeleton, and make you vulnerable, and say to the world, "I don't have to work." Yes you do. Get a job. And clip your nails, for Christ's sake, that shit is disgusting.

I would show you respect and decency, and do my best to be fun company, but I am not your vassal.

Whenever I hear a woman say she wants a man to treat her right, what I hear is a woman who wouldn't be able to protect our children from a physical threat in my absence.

• Nope, they ran out of those guys a few years ago

• My woman would say yes that I do

• You mean in a sexist manner? But sexism you like instead of sexism you dislike? Like that? I dont do that. lol.

• Like, holding doors for you, pulling your seat out for you, paying for your meals, treating you like a princess? Is that the kind of thing you were talking about, or am I way off base here? lol

• Yeh thats what Im talking about... and its not like I don't reciprocate those nice gestures and respect (accordingly) its just I dont see to many guys who do those types of things anymore... :(

• how do you treat a woman right in your opinion?
    I treat all people the same, man or woman and based on their actions they will earn my respect or lose it with all consequences. And if I'm personally interested in her then I'll do the extra effort...
    So yes I think I do but I don't give any special treatment solely based on gender.

• I meant in a relationship or when you are talking (dating) a girl. When I say treating a girl right i mean like being a gentleman. If you're out on a date with her, you open doors for her, you pull out her chair, just basic respect for the woman. I feel like just basic respect has been lost for when. And I dont mean all men but for the majority.

• "how to treat a woman right" meaning what in your opinion?

• Opening doors for her when you are on a date with her, pulling out her chair ao she can sit, being respectful and mindful when you speak to her. Being a gentleman basically.

• There are many men out there, that know how and do treat a woman right. The thing is, the men like this always seem to end up with women that take advantage and use said men.

• That's not right because I like to treat my man right and care for them but it seems like nowadays men dont want to do the same. smh

• Lol, not right.

That is just life, nothing worth having comes easy. Keep looking.

• Yes, keep ya head up

• Now can u tell me what u mean by asking this question? Because I can either roast u for it or praise u :D

• first off you not about to "roast" me so you can just chill with all that... second I feel like as men, y'all should know what it mean to treat a woman "right" in every aspect of the word! So if you need me to specify, it only proves that men (not all) dont know how to treat a woman. smh

• Well you only 15! How old is she?

• 15! But she has a phone tho! Lol please explain how we would "go out"

• Whenever I see girls demand a "real man" and ask if men know how to treat women I always laugh. You girls have so many issues. Like ticking time bombs waiting to shoot up a school.

• I treat women the same way I treat other people. You don't get any special treatment for having a vagina.

• I'll be a gentleman if you'll be a lady. That's my policy when it comes to women.
    Very few women deserve to be treated the way they desire since they don't reciprocate.

• That depends on your definition of right. "Right" shouldn't mean benevolent sexism.

• No I dont mean benevolent or sexism I mean having basic respect and decency for women...

• Oh no i feel like i should go both ways

• Good! In that case the answer is culturally enforced gender segregation through peer pressure, due to the overemphasis on ROMANTIC relations between males and females; people thinking nonsense like "a man and a woman will always fall for one another and cannot be friends". Bullshit. And children are teased about having friends of the other sex, so they stop having them.

• Yea I know how to treat em right if by that you mean taking em to boner city

• That was hella corny...

• So biological phenemenons are a joke to you, Madame? This is how human evolution was formed. My balls

• Ok goodbye because im gonna go back and forth with you.

• Sure, there are many

• I treat them like sluts, because most are indeed sluts.

• sure but most women don't want them

• depends on how exaggerated the particular girls expectations are.

• Yes
    But in our defense women are pretty stong minded these days and make it hard for us sometimes... just saying

• They're everywhere. The problem is that 99.99% of American women are completely undateable. They're all used up by the time they turn 22. Most of them don't even know how many guys they've been with. I'm not going to respect a girl like that.

• army men specially officers !!

• Thanks for liking my opinion... and their is reason behind this because they are trained on basis of their motherland, their country, they are told that you are because of your motherland and the safety of the motherland is your duty from birth And they know who gave them birth "woman" and why their motherland exist "woman" they know that you have created their country and they are trained to live and die for motherland and know who created it yes "mothers". So they respect women !! hope you got :P

• More from Guys
    13

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 16

• I guess there are probably still some women out there that believe they should be at the beck and call of men and have no right to vote. Both men and women have changed and its not right to expect one thing off men and not the same for them in return. Feminism damn it!

• Yes, they're just hard to find. I found one- he's my boyfriend now :)

• I know this couple with an open relationship and they are the cutest thing I've ever seen. The way they have fun, the way he looks at her, the way he cares for her, everything seems so perfect. Proof for me that it happens, in the places or people you might expect it the least.

• Chivalry is dead. Feminism killed it.

• Yes and yes! tons of men out there :) don't lose hope.
    stay happy.

• I too wonder this myself

• Yeah there is... but some that are make promises that are lies.

• Barely, probably around 20%.

• Yes, there are.

• There are, just hard to find.

• I have no idea tbh

• Well, as what I had observed in this biosphere, there are 4 out of 10 men who can treat women right ;)

• Plenty! just gotta look hard for them :)

• Not for me because I just natrually attract guys that will screw me over lol

• Yes there are many

1 private opinion(s)