When will guys understand that girls with self respect never make the first move?

What I actually meant is that I see girls that are desperately throughing themselves onto guys. Because he has money or what not. Sorry I guess I should have put more details in the first place. 😅
I didn't want to offend anyone lol. All was saying that I don't get gold diggers 🙈

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you 100%. Regardless if you're a troll or not.

What Guys Said 37

• Girls with self-respect never make the first move? There are plenty of insecure bitches that never make the first move, they range from the morbidly obese waddling down the Hostess aisle at Wal-Mart to the snotty nosed fashionistas who look pissed wondering why their life is still meaningless and shitty after spending another $2000 on purses and shoes.

A balanced, well deserving individual doesn't say stupid shit like this.

• media3.giphy.com/media/O4IntqGDGeFzi/giphy.gif

Let's follow the logic of what you said. Since men and women are different sexes—not different species—that would mean that men with self-respect don't make the first move either. After all if a woman with self-respect never makes the first move that means in your head there is somehow something inherently demeaning about making the first move. So then only guys and girls who lack self-respect make the first move?

We all know what you actually meant was that you lack the self-confidence to—and can't handle the stress of—making the first move. And this was the best excuse that you could generate to try and take the pressure off of yourself and keep it on the guys.

• When will women understand men don't want entitled and self centered women?

• What does being a girl with self-respect have to do with not making the first move?

This view just reveals nothing but arrogance as in "I am too good for interacting with you" in the first place, before anything happens.

Girl, you should reconsider your ways, your are a grown up at 18 and if you are 19 or 20, you should have understood that life doesn't last forever and just sitting there, resting on societal constructs and whining will not get you anywhere.

Any guy would be impressed if you made the first move.

• You are rather respecting yourself AND the guy if you were just straightforward- you'd waste none of each other's time...

• When will you understand that you sound like you're totally full of yourself.

• Ha! Oh boy.

My girlfriend made the first move. If you're telling me that my girlfriend has no self respect then you, little miss, can't recognize self respect when you see it. She's prideful and confident to a fault, and pretty amazing.

I like to think that if she hadn't taken that step I would have. Some people are too important to us to miss out on. Especially because of some silly notion of who should swoop on over and say Hi first.

• You don't have to make the first move per se. You just need to let US know that it's ok for us to take that move. It's about signs, body language and/or what you say and how you say it. If we feel that you open to the idea, we will act on it. If we feel that you are like a steel wall we will not knock with our head in it, because it will just damage ourselves.

• I honestly dont care that guys are expected to make the first move as long as I get a direct answer. I won't have any tolerance for any of that coy playing hard to get bullshit.

Im also against the expectation that men should pay.

• That's an opinion, thank you very much. If a girl ever asked me out, I'd have more respect for her than any other girl I've ever met. I think it shows bravery (because she isn't afraid to put herself out there and risk rejection), as well as a belief in equality (girls expecting guys to do all the work is complete utter bullshit, and anyone who opposes such a notion is automatically 10x more attractive in my book). Not to mention that it'd make me feel so much more desired if SHE approached me, rather than letting her rain judgement down on me.

This is all assuming she is making romantic advances, not sexual advances.

• How long have you been waiting to be approached?
    Keep waiting, it will be a while.

• what´s that even supposed to mean? why would you not ask a person you like out?

basically you´re saying: asking out is demeaning but guys have to do it, cause guys are lowlives anyways so this stuff thats demeaning to girls is just right for guys.

if you don´t like to be assertive and ask people you like out your self, you can´t complain if you´re only getting shitty partners... cause everybody can just sit around and wait. that´s not really demanding.

• whats self respect?

• My wife made the first move. She has a lot of selfrespect.

• Well by that logic...

"This girl I know on campus seems like she would make a great girlfriend but I'm too confident in myself to approach her."

Yes, that's how stupid you sound.

• A "Girl with selfrespect" is taking her own loss, if you don't put in the effort approaching that cute guy you like don't complain to me when all guys that are approaching you turn out to be assholes or not your type.

• Make the 1st move for what? Only to end up with all the stress women put on us poor men lol fuck no y'all want babies, money, gifts, attention, love, arguing, drama, gossip, nagging & complaining all the time. Seems to me that with all this that if anything y'all should be begging us to take y'all on SSSHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTT

• and guys with self-respect do not respect or want much to do with women that buy into all of this traditionalist & patriarchal gender role bull.

• Wow. No wonder you posted that bullshit anonymously.

This is a thinly veiled attack on brave women. Take heed, ladies, this is what intra-sexual backstabbing looks like. This isn't even for guys.

Look, Nonny, making the first move is a function of BRAVERY, not self-respect.

• I reckon we will when women stop giving us shit for making first moves in the first place.
    Women out in nightclubs dressed to kill are just there to dance with their friends and don't want guys hitting on them.
    That's ok because we're all told not to try to meet someone in a bar, do what you enjoy and meet people that way. Only we're also not supposed to try to ask out the girl in the bookstore, games store, on the sidewalk our grocery store.
    So if you're not going to make the first move, then please, by all means let us know when the hell we're actually supposed to try to approach you.

• This is an oxymoron

No man wants women like u who have such idiotic beliefs. Delete my post if u want, GAG.

• Also it appears that most of the other females in our generation have evolved. Maybe it's time you crawl out of the sewers, as well.

• Really? How do you figure?

• And do you believe guys don't have self respect too? And do you speak for the world of girls, I think not.

• Wow way to be a narcissist.

• could you show your work please

• Okay, cool story

• I've met very few girls who are actually worthy of the self respect they have for themselves. Cheap whores everywhere.

• what if guys with self respect never make the first move either? :O

• This made me chuckle.

• And men will never want a woman so stuck on themselves.

• never
    you are just human like me, we both have feelings
    the difference is that guys say it clear, but girls may just send signs

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 11

• ... what? I made the 'first move' with my boyfriend, and don't see why that means I have a lack of respect for myself.

• What the hell? xD
    So if you find a guy attractive you should not go talk to him? xD
    Because you got self respect? xD

• Self respect? I think you used the wrong term to describe it. The girls who don't make a move it's either because they're shy or because they're not sure if the guy feels the same way. I'm okay with doing the first move, I actually did it with my current boyfriend and I don't see why it would mean that I don't have self respect.

• Lol girl please. Just stop.

• You're making us look really bad right now.

P. S. I made the first move on my boyfriend and he treats me better than any jerk I had to wait to approach me.

• A confident woman who knows what she wants goes for it. Why should women sit back and wait for the right man to come to them when we're perfectly capable of owing out and approaching the ones we want ourselves? All of my best dating experiences began with ME making the first move...

• They are young. When your young you give them everything and believe...

• I made the "first move" with my boyfriend what is so bad about that, huh? Nothing if a girl feels confident enough to make a move she should go for it.

• I've approached men... ARE you insinuating i have a lack of respect for myself?

• It's confidence, not having no self respect!

• I have plenty of self respect, and if I see someone I'd like to get to know better, I make the first move. I'm confident in myself and go after what I want.