Why can't I get along with black people?

Before anyone says I am racist , I'm not. I am a biracial girl. I'm black & white. I was raised with an all white family , and know no one on the black side of my family. Ever since I was little , my best friends were always white for the most part , or bi racial like me. I've always seemed to be able to relate and get along with white girls better. Ever time I was bullied , it was from a black girl , or a white girl who hung around with very bad girls & the black people. I personally think black people are great , I know a lot of very funny & nice black people. Just about every guy I dated was black and I've had NOTHING but issues with their family's. I personally prefer white guys and that's what I am sticking to from now on. But my question is , why don't I really feel like I can " connect " to black people? Is there something wrong with me? When I'm with them , I feel like I have to be something other than who I am.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• girl you are not the only one. I got bullied by black girls too and also the whites who hung out with the blacks... To this day i have become more socially withdrawn because of it.

• Exactly. I'm not saying all black people are bad , because they're not , but they was the only ones who wanted to start issues with me. I just never understood it at all.

What Guys Said 8

• Not all categorized people are the same. Perhaps the reason why these indeviduals are usually upset is because of all the negetivity it recieved in the past.

Try making friends with a guy who borrows your things but is quick to say "return my stuff quick!". All categorized humans have at least a couple thousand of them in their race. There are no good races, so keep that in mind.

• It is more about culture and values and less about color. You are fine and it is normal.

• Racism is more prevalent in some areas of the country than others.

• i wanna make a lot of jokes, but i can't do it without feeling bad

• They probably jelly that your skin is whiter. I'm a white dude, but I've heard that "skin toneism" is actually a thing to some people. Don't let it get you down, some people just suck. There are more kind people than there are mean people, I've found. Ignore the haters and concentrate on the good.

• Black's are into purity. You're a mutt.

• As someone whose also comes from a biracial family. You not getting along with a certain group of people will happen in your life. As or rght now, I cannot get along with certain groups of religious people or atheists. When you are against a certain group of people its because of experience. What you've experienced growing up has psychological consequences in your life. But besides that, Culture and political alignments as well as ideology plays a role in who you do and dont get along with in your life. I do not get along with people whose not religious. I also do not get along with people whose not French. Its how i grew up. And just like you, its all depends on how you grew up in your life.

You simply just dont get along with them because you cannot relate with some of them.

• Blacks just want to hang with other blacks.

What Girls Said 4

• Because most black girls are jealous of biracial girls. Mostly cz all the black boys like biracial girls and your lighter than them and biracial girls have pretty hair. That's just the way it is.

• Certain black people like in every race is just ignorant and are insecure with themselves. I'm black and Spanish but I identify with black and I have white friends. It's just ignorant dumb uneducated black women who hate the way the look so they need to mess with someone else. Not every race is accepting of mixed people. What's worse than ignorant black girl is a ignorant racist white fucker. Black women go through a lot society tells black women being lighter is pretty having curly hair is pretty and that causes separation within the race. So women who are black who bullies and hate mixed women it's because they may feel they aren't pretty because of what society has told them what beauty is. Black people as a race are the only ones who can't come together and there is so much hate with each other because it goes back to field slaves and house slaves. But there are educated black women who are not rude and obnoxious.

• Because you are black.

• Nothing wrong with either of you, some just dont get along with others.