Girlfriend slapped me?

We're both 24 years old and dated for 4 years. A few days ago, I kissed another girl and regret it a lot. I then told my girlfriend about this. It got bad when my girlfriend slapped me after I told her. She cried and yelled at me for being unfaithful. I kept apologizing to her.

After a while, we agreed to stay together, but she thinks that it is on to physically assault a person. She won't apologize to me for slapping me. I did cheat, but think she went overboard by hitting me.

What should I do?

I don't love the girl I kissed. My girlfriend is the world to me
Did I deserve to be slapped?

Most Helpful Girl

• Physical violence is never ok.
    That being said, I can understand why she'd hit you. You cheated, and I'm honestly surprised she took your scumbag ass back. Most women wouldn't. However, two wrongs don't make a right, and she should not have hit you.
    If I were you, I wouldn't expect an apology, and I wouldn't push things by demanding one. You did a terrible thing. She did something bad in response. It's understandable, but neither of you are in the right here.

• She did dump me for a while

• She officially left me. How do I get her back?

• You don't. You learn your lesson, move on, and don't cheat on your next girlfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 18

• Stop being so overly sensitive. You're the asshole for cheating.

• Honestly she just acted based on what you told her in the moment. There is no right way to act everyone reacts differently. Trust me lots of things were probably on her mind wondering why you'd kiss another girl. Did you find the other girl more attractive things like that.

• Some people kill in the heat of the moment and we judge them for it either way.

• @Mesonfielde people pick and choose the social norms they want to believe, or want to follow. I'm entitled to my opinion and if you guys don't like it well then have at it. I'm not looking for approval

• 'If you think it was too much then it was.'
      Everything is subjective to how people feel. I thought I was solipsistic.

• Don't ask for an apology even if you deserve it somehow. Your girlfriend is hurt. She maybe thinking that you're relationship is failing. It is a sign after all said in the web, blogs, youtube, etc. Give her some space yet show her you still love her by helping in doing the chores in your place or prepare her breakfast and leave it beside her bedroom door. Add it with a sweet sticky note like greetings. Write to her a message on a sticky note also if you'll leave for her not to be worried and its purpose until she gets sick of it. It will be in a good way though and could contribute more to your relationship. When she's starting to warm up around you again, greet her every morning, night, etc. With a quick kiss. Don't go asking for sex immediately once you're in good terms already around for 2 weeks. Simply cuddle unless she hinted for you to have it with her.

I know it's hard but, you COULD do it. Good luck, buddy!! :)

P. s. It's cheesy. Yes, but it's helpful.

• Look at where you two are headed. Cheating and violence. It won't get better from here. End it before you guys go too far.

• You'd hope someone would have enough restraint to not resort to violence. That being said, I understand where she was coming from and who knows what I would have done in the same situation. Dick move kissing someone else but I'm at least glad you were upfront about it.

• I know if it was me I would have slapped you too, afterall you did kiss another girl. It's not like she beat the shit out of you, right?

• You've asked this question so many times, do you have some form of fetish for being slapped for cheating?

• Talk to her about how you feel. It's not on to hit anyone based on their gender but our society has taught us to think otherwise which is stupid. As a feminist I believe in equality for both genders but not everyone sees it that way. Just talk to her and explain to her what it would be like if you hit her and how that wouldn't be right so how is it right for her to hit you?

• But also you are a dick and you are lucky she took your sorry ass back

• It's still a breach of trust in the relationship. It's going to take time to get over that.

• She did leave me officially

• LOL you cheated and you didn't know how emotionally tortured she was when you cheated.! Don't expect her to apologize because in the first place, it will never happen if you never cheated! You don't know how your act made her mentally and emotionally tormented!

• Did she have to hit me instead of talking it out?

• She slapped me hard across the face

• I cried to her best friend and she said that she'd have sent me to the hospital or have given me a black eye or a bloody nose

• It is never acceptable to hit someone unless self defence. I guess now you are even. You can't make her apologise. I would say slapping you is a red flag but so is cheating so I guess you deserve each other.

• I would most likely act the same way as your girl but I wouldn't had continued the relationship cause to me that's a betrayal in my book especial after four years together. You are very lucky she is still with you but now she's going to second guessing you when your about

• Isn't a hard slap across the face too violent?

• It is but you have to remember it's a heat of the moment thing so it was going to happen cause you told her the truth and she lashed out was it right no

• İf you love her never do like that behaviour. ok? and your love will Heal in time. wait. prove your self to her. be patient. everythings gonna be okay

• Be glad she only slapped you

• You deserved it and you violated her trust. Take the slap and the L and man up about it.

• I don't think women and men have right to hit each other. I mean come on we are grown adult. We can handle the situation better.

• @Tiger288 I never said it was right. He cheated on her, she slapped him and now he wants to act like she put a baseball bat to his car or something. On top of that, she even forgave him for the deception - he has nothing to really complain about here.

• I think that you are in the wrong. She's hurt a lot more than you are. So just try to make her feel better.

• Is it ok to slap a woman if she cheated on a man?

• @Toad-1 It was just a slap.

• Right it's just a slap if a man slaps a woman for cheating right?

• What if your girlfriend kiss other man?

• Any type of physical anger is wrong. I truly believe in taking a moment and calming down before things are said/done. HOWEVER, I have slapped and ex for cheating. I was wrong. But i'm not perfect and neither is your girlfriend. That is actually the reason why I have tried to be more calm during fights. What you did was wrong. I am not here to shame you, but please listen to my advice. I was cheated on 3 times by my ex, we have not seen each other for 7 years, and I am happily married now. But I still remember the hurt. Understand that your girlfriend is going through a lot right now. When I was cheated on I felt ugly... I felt disappointed, I questioned myself, I worried, and I did not trust my partner anymore. I stayed with him, and let his cheating continue. But the last and final time, I came up with a new plan: don't think about it. Don't ask about 'her', don't look at her pictures, don't wonder where he is, don't ask why you ant good enough and he had to resort for someone else. Your girlfriend is going through a lot right now, and sympathize for her. Chances are, she will be like I was: always worrying, and obsessing about this girl/why this happened. If you are on good terms, PLEASE tell her this. The cheating hurt me, but what broke me was my own mind looking for answers. I needed to know why she was so much better, I needed to know if she meant nothing, and it broke me to obsess this way; its not healthy at all!! If you can, show this to your girlfriend, or find some website, some way to help her heal properly... what I did only hurt me more, and I pray she won't do the same (sadly, many women do). I just had to give you this advice, so you understand what pain she is going through, and hopefully it will help your relationship.

Going back to her slapping you. No one is perfect. To this day, I still believe my ex deserved that slap, BUT I do realize that I could have gotten my point across without it. Your girlfriend is pissed to the EXTREMEEEE. You don't know how many tears she has cried on her pillow thinking of you kissing this other girl. Even when she tells you she feels better, she is spending her lonely nights hugging her pillow tight, with a knot in her tummy, crying out for help. Give her time!!! The last thing she needs right now is worrying about apologizing for her slap. This will only make her more irritated and more fights will come from this. She will say sorry eventually. She loves you.. give her time to heal. I hope you two make it.

• The fact that you are searching for an answer " is my girlfriend right for slapping me?" instead of asking " How can I make this relationship work?" is concerning. Trying googling some ways to win her trust back. I honestly think you have way more things to be worried about than if she is right or wrong for letting her anger take control of her for the moment. It will be a long process, but if she means a lot to you, you have to win back her trust. We make mistakes, but the point is to try to show that it is not a habit, and you won't do it again

• She could have gone and kissed a guy instead of slapping you. Do you prefer that?

• haha girl don't say that or he'll end up like a crying baby. Even her slap is a very big deal to him. xD XD The girlfriend was really hurt and he deserves that slap though for being such a cheater

What Guys Said 17

• Well you don't kiss some other girl while you have a girlfriend that's very inappropriate and disrespectful and you yourself confess that you cheated on her and so she is absolutely right to be angry with you, she is right to slap you. Yes you deserve to be slapped.

However the only good thing here is you told her the truth. The good thing is you confessed the truth

• The girls here saying he somehow deserved it because he cheated. So any guy can now slap his girlfriend as well when she cheats? The hypocrisy.

• I think cheating on someone is worse than slapping them. Not saying that she handled the situation maturely (because she didn't), but i also don't have a shred of sympathy for you because of what you did.

I also don't think you deserve her, and i wish she had enough self respect to dump your sorry ass.

• Man up u cheating ass cheater lol jk but forreal though it happens she's not wrong for that she was huet so she slapped u at the time to hurt u back feel me? Be lucky thats all u got.. some girls kill their s/o and end up on the news for unfaithfulness lol be faithful to her or let it go like a man if u can't get it right.. nxt time she might floyd mayweather yo ass

• Well, it's your turn to decide if you'd date someone who's okay with physical abuse, but she is the one to decide if she wants to date someone who do blatantly disrespects his relation with her, and as such her as a person.

• Dude you deserved to be slapped.

• Right or wrong, are you honestly surprised?

Sure, she should have dumped you rather than slapped you, but it is what it is.

• Honestly I don't think she went overboard at all. If you two are still together be happy. When you kissed that girl you practically punched her in the face. Forget it and live happily with her.

• sometimes you have to take the hit like a man and that is one of those times

• You kinda did deserve it, now own up and don't whine.

• What's interesting is that there was another question today that as the exact opposite of yours (boyfriend slaps girlfriend for cheating). I think it's a huge problem in either case.

• yeah weird... I think they are the askers are just putting it because they want to see how people are doing to react and interesting they don't have the same reaction.

I still think it's wrong to hit others not in self-defense. I would have simply dump the cheater and not even thank the other girl for showing me what he really is.

• Pour yourself a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up.

• dump her and move on.

• She had every right to slap you... I'm on her side in that one.

• Grow some nuts and man up
    Idc what the hipsters say you ficked up she had the right to slap you

• It's justified

• she should have kicked you in the NUTS