Do you feel weird going on dates?

Not sure how many people might feel this way. For me when ever I've been on a date. It just feels weird going to a restaurant with them. Even more if it's some kind of fancy place. I think I would die and refuse to go with any guy if I think the place is fancy at all. Plus it's awkward as hell to have a dude pay for you at all. So even more of a reason to want and avoid them.

Another question,"Why do you like going on dates? Which places do you like more when going on one?"

• Love being taken on dates
  • I don't like going on them either
  • I like it if I can pay for myself
  • I rather they be incharge of it all

Most Helpful Guy

• I find formal dates of any kind to be hella awkward. I'd rather is just get to know eachother platonically with a little flirting until we are ready to take that step (assuming we are on the same page).

I'd rather skip the casual dating stage and go straight to the relationship stage.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love going on dates! It's an opportunity for me to go nice places and hopefully meet some cool people.
    My dates go well 70% of the time, they don't scare me as much now. Like before I used to get so nervous but now I just put less pressure on them. What will be, will be :p
    I like going somewhere where we have to do something, like going to the museum or even just walking around town.
    I do like it when a guy at least offers to pay. Mainly because they're usually in decent jobs and I'm just a student so I can't afford to be out with them in the first place 😂😂

What Guys Said 21

• idm, i don't do anything fancy though. my first date I took this girl to a mellow spot on top of a roof near the beach where they only served alcohol and appetizers and the seats are first come first grab.

The Rooftop Lounge

• Now to be honest here, I did at first after I got back into the dating scene after my bad fall, but that was only because I now wear a bit different undies then before that fall.. but when I found out after my first date.. I was excepted both for me and what I now wear, never do I feel weird now.. and been on many dates since that fall

• Ehh maybe at first like when your first see em and start talking to them but after you find common ground and start talking and getting the night rolling it becomes pretty enjoyable. As for were I like to go, to be honest with you I ain't picky at all, could be to a park, diner, fancy restaurant or a coffee shop or anything in-between.

• No, it's not weird for me and dates don't necessarily mean that you need to go to a restaurant or a fancy place and having someone pay for you. A normal hangout can be a date if both people agree that it is a date.

• I never want to go on a date!. Never and yes even that very thought makes me uncomfortable.

• The only dates I hate are valentines day ones. I go out to a nice place with her and SOMEONE will always propose in the restaurant... It's like, how the fuck do I follow that.

• This is why I prefer going Dutch on dates... alleviate the pressure of "He's paying for me so I'm in debt to him" thing.

• Nope. I love getting to know people, and being around hot women.

• I don't mind, but I don't like those big restaurants
    I prefer small and cozy

• I love being taken on dates to sophisticated restaurants and to go to a nice bar afterwards ^^

• I guess it depends how well I knew the person.

• I try to avoid them when possible.

• I think it would be awkward and I haven't been on one. If I did I would just tell them we are splitting the bill even if it would be awkward.

• Walks and hikes!

• I've never been on a date before, but I don't understand what your problem is.

• I like going on dates a lot, they're fun.

• I would take my date on to a fancy restaurant like Jack In The Box.

• no i hate dates there stupid

• You probably like to just hang out and do things with people, rather than do the entire job interview thing... :D

• It's just so damn hard to be yourself while in a restaurant. Since you have to constantly make sure your voice isn't to loud where everyone in the place can hear you. Which is a pain in the ass if you keep forgetting if your being loud or not. Plus going to a restaurant isn't that much fun. All your doing is talking and eating. Which you can't eat and talk at the same time. So then it makes things even more awkward since your trying to keep a conversation going but your also starving. Yet you can't do both at the same time. Though you don't want to eat too much other wise your going to look some what bloated. Along with feeling less eager to talk. Then you can't order any alcoholic drinks because if you do that makes talking to them even more challenging. Even more if your the kind of person that falls asleep after having certain drinks.

• lol. I agree, it's better to do dates that are more easy going with less pressure. Doing something fun, while talking is just more natural and realistic... It allows things to develop more organically. If things work out, you're not going to be interviewing each other across a table on a regular basis... You're going to be chilling and having fun.

• They are silly dinners revolving around attempting to have sex and hiding it all the while.

• Yepp, always feel like I'm being interrogated by the Spanish inquisition

i3.kym-cdn.com/.../448.jpg

What Girls Said 13

• Haha are you actually me? LOL

I'm 41 years old, I've been married for almost 15 years, and I STILL don't really get the idea of a "dinner date".
    I mean, I'm sry, but, there's pretty much one thing I want to do after eating a big dinner, and... ((overshare alert)) ... that's, well, go #2. That's what I want to do.
    Not to mention that having a big, heavy, overly full stomach just totally kills the prospect of romance, oh yeah it does.

And that's not even getting into the fact that you are basically forced to sit across from each other, in an environment with VERY few distractions or "conversation starters". If it's an early date and the converstaion just isn't flowing that well... what then? Omg, torture. Haha...

So, yeah, I do not endorse the idea of dinner dates. Nope.

I like the idea of just exploring stuff together.
    If you are in a decently big city -- Just go to a cool neighborhood and start walking around together, and EXPLORE things. Be spontaneous! Stuff will remind you of other stuff -- talk about it! Make fun of things/people in the environment! Make up random I-spy games, like the kind you play with kids in the back of cars! If something seems interesting, just go in and take a look!

If you DO get really really hungry, of course you can grab random bites to eat, but, I totally agree with you -- there's just so much pressure and awkwardness associated with formal sit-down dinners. Yecch, nah. I mean, dude, I don't even like meeting clients for dinner now, as a grown-ass professional woman.

I also agree with you about the money thing. That's another big source of awkwardness early on.
    The solution there is just to go on dates that cost $0.00. LOL
    Exploring cities is one way to do that.
    Mb you can find kids' playgrounds, and play on them together after dark. Or find scary places like underground Prohibition tunnels or Gothic churches to poke around. Or go to a thrift store with dressing rooms, and pick out crazy-ass outfits for each other to try on. Etc.

• I get slight anxiety at first, but then it goes away once we get to talking. They always offer to pay for me, which is nice, but I much prefer to pay for myself. This way, there is no pressure on either of us and we can just enjoy ourselves. I was slightly uncomfortable once when a guy got upset that I wouldn't let him pay, and I tried to explain it. He seemed ok with it afterwards, but we didn't date long.

If I like the person, then I like going on dates. I get to know them better and see what else they like, and if it's a common interest. I date to hopefully get in to a long term relationship.

I don't need to go anywhere fancy, but I like something fun. Amusement parks, aquariums, botanical gardens, museums, movie theaters, exploring towns/different parts of town, and bike riding are my favorites. Once I know them better, then hanging out at home watching stuff or playing games (video or table top) are also fun for me.

• I've found it terribly awkward when my friend with benefits in Australia suddenly started taking me out as I didn't have any feelings for him but generally if I'm seriously interested in someone I guess I would totally love to go on dates with them as well, especially ones involving action like skydiving or rock climbing ~

• I like paying for myself, at least in the beginning. I don't want to feel like I owe my date anything.

• i voted c, at least for first dates~ that way, the person i'm with can't be all creepy and pull the, "i bought you dinner, so you owe me sex" card.

i generally pay for my own stuff anyway. or my man and i take turns.

• I love going on dates with my guy! Fancy or not. When I was single, while I got nervous about the date, I (almost) always enjoyed being taken out someplace new and fun. And getting to know a new person better is great.

• I hate the awkwardness of dating. I think I'd be into the speed dating or meeting for a cup of coffee for starters lol. Pay for your own, in and out in 10 minutes!

• nah i love dates. the only 'weirdness' i feel is that initial awkwardness when you see each other at first.

im not picky, i like to be taken almost anywhere, and they're just the perfect opportunity to get to know someone PROPERLY.

• I'm still waiting on my first date (the first one where I actually knew I was going on a date and not hanging out with a friend). I am currently in pending but it may be a tad awkward cuz people paying for me is a weird feeling, but I do let it happen. I just want to pay for them sometimes too.

• I really don't enjoy going on dates.

• Yeah I'm not into dates especially if I'm just getting to know someone, a nice classy restaurant isn't worth it on the first couple of dates. I actually dislike going on dates, I prefer a walk in the park with a hot dog 😊 No need for fancy stuff.

• I feel weird about the fact that I've never even been on a date before so there's that 😂😐

• I hate it! It feels like I'm being out in a glass box and people are watching my every move!